Andrea is a freelance writer. She writes on topics from interior design, relationships, ghosts, to anything creative. Contact her for work.
The Compatibility Between Pisces and Pisces
Pisces are the most dreamy, imaginative, and gentle of the zodiac. If you have two of these together, they'll spend hours evoking fantasy, emotion, and spirit together. This will be an incredibly kindred relationship. They'll always be wondering what's next, why they are here, and how to make the world a better place. Pisces are intuitive and deeply understanding at the same time. They want to help others. They are naturally selfless to the point of being martyrs. This love match will be able to satisfy the needs of the other because they'll both be giving. They may need help initiating since Pisces might be more introspective.
This relationship will at times need help laying out the ground and making sure practical matters are solved. When living so much in the imagination, normal everyday chores can be forgotten. You may collect more toys than you have natural space. You both will work in telepathic energy where you read each others' feelings to understand the other. Water signs like to work with feelings in communication and moods. They may struggle to find the right words because language is technically a translation of the way things feel and are -- so water signs subconsciously see that as a copy of the original essence... and they are seeking for the original, organic, living essence behind everything and how it ticks.
Pisces Manage a Tough Balancing Act as Martyrs
Water signs are healers with a great capacity for teaching. Pisces is considered the mentor of the zodiac, especially since it is the final sign of the zodiac. Pisces works for greater understanding, not just of itself, but to help others around it to see greater. Pisces is a promise to us all that at the end there is a place full of imagination, beauty, and eternity. This sign struggles to see how we are all intertwined here in so many imperfections.
With too much doubt, a Pisces can focus too much on oblivion, nihilism, or apathy. This happens when they are coming from a place of hurt. When you are hurt, it distorts your gifts, and Pisces' natural gift that they are trying to develop is unconditional love—and without love, you have nothing.
Pisces has a delicate balance in life. This may be why having two together strengthens each other and comes with a built-in understanding of a tough walk to walk. Pisces by its very birth is being ordered to live a selfless life and remind us of real sacrifice and the benefits of it. A mature Pisces will know how to balance selflessness in the light of giving too much to the point of sacrificing for something small or not giving enough and becoming overwhelmed by doubt.
It's important for anyone dating a Pisces to remember to encourage them and help them see the light. When they believe in this world, they are a powerful force that can't be reckoned with. It's their healing energy and mindset that has helped shaped the world. The age of Pisces is considered the age of Christ who was sacrificial, full of visions, full of miracles, and continues to inspire many to this day to lay down their life for others and think of their neighbor first. A Pisces is like a built in disciple of Christ, or at least, a disciple in waiting because their route ahead of them comes with the mindset of a martyr.
Don't Be Afraid to Initiate Things
I think the most important part in this relationship is to initiate. Pisces and Aquarius are both gentle parts of the zodiac and like to be approached. Pisces may have to work with its Pisces partner to overcome this. You'll need to put more energy into the relationship in leading as opposed to if you were dating a fire sign. You also will need to spend time figuring out how your partner is unique from you so you don't lose sight of them, and also can figure out what unique factor they offer into the world that can help teach you more about the world.
I think there is endless amounts of creativity between the two of you, so I encourage you to really explore each other and your brains. Know yourself in your alone time and how to explore your own mind, but when you can date another Pisces, you two together should explore each others' minds, build creative games, tell stories, play role playing games, spend time together at home and really get to know each other in an abstract way that others may never get the chance to see. In this relationship, you'll never tire of going through philosophy; both of you are incredibly open minded and willing to get yourself into new territory.
Be Careful of Hurting Each Other
Without a doubt, a Pisces can focus too much on oblivion, nihilism, or apathy. This happens when they are coming from a place of hurt. When you are hurt, it distorts your gifts.
Be Wary of the Mirror Effect
Remember, all the things that hurt your feelings and make you feel insecure in this world, your partner will feel similar about those things. So it is good to treat your partner as you would treat yourself. What is the best possible relationship you could ever imagine for yourself? I think looking at the world this way will help you successfully manifest a healthy and worthwhile relationship.
Allow this relationship to strengthen your weakness and not become an addiction based relationship where you don't know how to stand on your own without your partner. Make sure you are spending time together and away. This kind of method helps bring a nice ebb and flow to you and your partner. When you are always around each other, it can start to feel invasive, claustrophobic, and stale. So don't be afraid to have time just to yourself.
Tips for Pisces in a Relationship With Each Other
- Make sure you are not the only one doing emotional homework but that your partner is also putting in a fair amount of energy to sustain, maintain, and enhance the relationship.
- You need a lot of affection and not just attention. All water signs crave affection.
- Make a pact with yourself to not get involved in a toxic relationship. If you are the only one sacrificing in it and making a difference, you may be hurting yourself and not actually giving to unconditional love.
- It's okay to have days where you are serious. It's okay to have days where you just want to be a goofball.
- Say what is on your mind because it is important. People like to hear the thoughts you have. It's different, inspiring, and a breath of fresh air.
- Be careful not to quickly judge someone. Think nurture over judgement.
- Establish personal boundaries along with goals. Without boundaries, people will take advantage of you. Boundaries help you to see your goals and your standards. Water signs sometimes have a hard time setting up boundaries because they focus so much on being able to flow anywhere and everywhere to ultimately merge with others. But having some amount of boundaries will help you to develop into a stronger version of yourself.
- Be careful not to get caught up in your emotions. As a fish, you can swim with the waves, against them, and you can be a tiny fish -- or a leviathan. Take a deep breath. Do meditation. Do yoga. Get in touch with yourself and you'll be able to see things clearly. Water signs focus so much on the heart that they can distracted. And even have their emotional intelligence blocked up from congestion. Practice letting go and releasing what holds you back. Practice joy.
- Remember your passions and follow them. It's more important to be happy and have a smile than a positive bank account, which is fleeting.
- Don't get too upset if your relationship isn't as far along as you would like. Don't be upset if you are not as far along as you would like.
- Make a habit of affirming your partner and being accountable.
- It is okay if you change your mind. Do so as gracefully as you can.
Jamie on May 28, 2020:
Definitely a pisces, 3/16/83. In the best and worst ways. I wish i had known all this when I was dating My pisces. Thank you for helping me figure myself out.
Belinda on March 01, 2020:
I just ran into a person I have known all my life. We grew up together on same block, was in the same grade together all the way through school. We meet up again at a class reunion in Dec of 2019. He ask for my number so I gave it to him. I've seen him twice since then. On our second meeting I found out he was a pisces also and that he was interested in me growing up but to shy to ask back then. I'm March 2 and his is Feb 22. Will this be a good relationship if we decide to proceed in that direction.
Aurece on January 03, 2020:
I'm a Pisces with Taurus rising and someone I'm interested in is also a pisces not sure about anything else in his chart.how would we make a good couple in a love relationship?
Katye on January 02, 2020:
My birthday is 3-1-84 and my husbands is 3-5-84 we have been married for 15 years. Will be together 16 years in a few months. Any marriage has it’s ups and downs if two people want to be together they will work it out! We got married just after we had known each other 3 months. Would do it all over again!!
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on August 04, 2019:
It will be a magical time. Embrace it.
Nandi on August 02, 2019:
Am falling for same star sign Pisces and I feel scared
Hope on July 18, 2019:
I am falling for the same sign as me its going to be fun
Nathaniel on June 13, 2019:
Im with a pisces and our relationship rocks
Linda on January 29, 2019:
Hey i like a boy and his name is Vincent his birthday is March 3/2004
Tarhonda Harris on January 27, 2019:
Could two Pisces get along together