Andrea loves to write about relationships, astrology, tips and tricks to relationships, and the like. She wants to juggle chainsaws.
A Dreamer and a Doer Come Together
Cancer and Virgo walk different paths in this world, but can work together to get ahead in this forest we call life.
This romantic combination is complex. Cancer is emotional, creative, unusual, sometimes crabby, and passionate. Virgo, on the other hand, is studious, a perfectionist, cerebral, a loner, and cunning.
Where Virgo wants to be alone, Cancer clings. Where Virgo wants to plan and take action, Cancer is spontaneous. Virgo relies too much on logic and Cancer relies too much on emotion.
Understanding the Differences and Similarities
Despite their differences, these two signs have some similarities. They both suffer from depression, they’re both summer signs, they’re both idiosyncratic, and they're both goal-oriented.
Earth and water signs are kismet. They’re meant to work well together. Virgo gives Cancer much-needed boundaries, and Cancer gives Virgo the kind of care and nourishment they need to evolve.
It’s fascinating when this pair comes together. Virgo is considered the most loner and single sign of the Zodiac. Virgos are obsessed with work. Cancer, meanwhile, is bound to social relationships—particularly family. Cancer likes to be in a relationship.
- Virgo: hard worker, wants to do well in school, driven by success, likes to use their hands, wants to get into the thick of the action, meticulous, studious, disciplined, perfectionist, and highly cerebral.
- Cancer: power house of creativity, constant mood shifts, never ending social desires, relationship-oriented, dreamer, empathetic, shaken but not stirred, flirtatious, dynamic, sensitive, and indecisive.
Virgo will benefit from Cancer’s unique perspective: the latter is an artist through and through. Sometimes Virgo becomes too predictable and fall into mundane routines, so they need some edge to get them through. Cancer's creativity blends well with Virgo's studious "get it done" attitude.
However, there is something to be cautious about here. Virgo will both be intrigued and annoyed by Cancer’s larger emotional displays. Cancer is also sensitive to this; their feelings could get really hurt by Virgo's quick reactions to them. Virgo needs to think before they speak. Virgo must try to rely on empathy rather than reason in times of crisis. Cancer doesn’t always want to deal with what is concrete.
Cancer needs to have a wide array of friends. They need to socialize, in part, to give Virgo space to do their own thing. Cancer has great power and say in the relationship. Virgo is really picky when it comes to choosing a mate, so they likely fell for Cancer’s charisma, beauty, warmth, and crazy side. Virgo often likes someone who doesn’t mirror them.
The two together give off a Leo-like energy, which is the only sign between them. When they come together in a relationship, they have ego, a need for affection, studiousness, and bravado.
This couple would do well to follow their own paths and not get caught up with the happenings of other relationships. Cancer and Virgo are unique. They can create a beautiful home together. They should invest in a nice garden and a nice bathroom setup, as this will bring soothing and positive energy into their lives.
Cancer and Virgo at a Quick Glance
Chest, breasts, lungs
Manager: great at mobilizing social resources, somewhat good at getting things started, somewhat organized, social priorites, and indecisive
Manager: excellent with physical resources, excellent at organizing money, great at planning, meticulous
Moody, social, flirtatious, sensitive, weird, creative, parental, sometimes shy, clingy, touchy feely, whimsical
Hard working, intelligent, meticulous, perfectionist, logical, cerebral, detailed, disciplined, ambitious, strategist,
Explosive moods, indecision, debauchery, lust, gossip, peer pressure, luxury, mental distress, lack of sleep
Depression, anxiety, critic, lack of sleep, cynical, hollow, loner, dastardly, uninspired, conservative
Different Sides of the Same Coin: Interpreting Summer from Opposite Ends
Cancer season is at the beginning of summer season and Virgo season is at the end of it. Here are a few takeaways from this dynamic:
- Cancer borrows more from the spring season. Flowers are still in bloom and some of the most powerful storms are in June and July. These unpredictable storm pattern are a symbol of the Cancer moods and emotions. These storm patterns are not the same as in Pisces, where we see snow, nor are they like the Scorpio autumn rain later in the year. Rain happens anytime of the year, but these types of precipitations can be wildly different when comparing October rain to February snow to Cancer storms.
- Virgo borrows more from fall. Virgo gets the very beginning of when leaves change colors. This season might get to see some pumpkins and apples. Where Cancer lingers on the sweet, Virgo has a more robust flavor profile. They’re not afraid to get dirty and make a point. They’re not as empathetic and sweet as a spring flower.
- Both cardinal (Cancer) and mutable (Virgo) modalities are flexible. Cancer starts the summer. They're a talker, a go-getter, a flirt. They change their mind frequently, they deviate from the norm established before them, they're a little weird and are a trend setter. Virgo is a listener, they’re adaptable, great at blending, they want things done ahead of the next season, they’re mature, and they like things to be chill. Mutable signs come right after the big ego of a fixed sign, so they tend to be less intense and focused. They tend to be more grounded and humble.
- This combination will put off the energy of a Leo. They have all the qualities of this type of person: big, powerful, arrogant, soft-hearted, sensitive, and intelligently meticulous. Imagine a Leo cut in half and made into two separate people. This could be dangerous if the two are dependent on each other and try to force their identities into a Leo frame. The two do better to be independent. When these two come together behind closed doors, their energy becomes like Leo's.
- Summer energy is heavy. Heat can do some powerful things that other seasons cannot. When enough energy is produced it causes action, flirtation, aggression, and ego.
- Cancer has a more feminine energy, but that doesn’t mean that males are not born under it. Cancer has youthful, maternal energy. Aries, Taurus, and Gemini are her children. Cancer season is next to one of the most masculine signs, Leo.
- Virgo is symbolized by the maiden, and yet the cold-logical ways are more akin to what we think of in masculinity. The scholar type is comfortable in their own skin and not as insecure about gender stuff as Cancer and Leo may be. Cancer has fierce femininity. Leo has fierce masculinity in order to counter Cancer. Virgo instead just wants to be and get stuff done.
- Cancer is moody. This is in part because of the combinator of heat and rain during this season. Virgo is more straightforward—it has less heat and a little more air.
- Cancer is directly impacted by the moon. Everyday the moon looks different to us. The moon also has a relationship to our tides.
Cancer ideally will want to focus on relationships and the health of relationships. This person will want to have all their needs met, in addition to all the needs of their household. Cancer is happiest when people around them are happy too. They will be eager to please Virgo. They don't want to disappoint. They can also be very vain about her looks.
Virgo wants to have some say about the structure of the household. They like to create things with their own hands, so they may want to build furniture, repair household items, organize cabinets to his liking, build a garden, or the like. A Virgo is happy to know they have created a physical structure or tangible structure that protects and supports those that they loves. Virgos are great at setting up savings and retirement accounts. They have a drive to be successful and know the limits of their means.
Cancer is messy compared to clean Virgo—this will likely be a source of problems for this pair. Cancer focuses so much on emotions, social actions, and the like that the physical world isn't always obvious to them. They are great relationship caretakers, while Virgo is great at all the physical resources from the household organization to money. These two need to split up responsibilities based on what their passions are.
Top 10 Tips for This Couple
1. When conflict arises, be patient. Give yourself time to think things through. There is always more than one way to solve something. You don't have to have everything answered from the beginning.
2. Virgo, let Cancer live in their emotions. Don't try to constrain them or blow them off. If you don't know what to say or have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Work toward finding encouraging things to say and giving physical comfort.
3. Cancer, don't let your negative emotions get the best of you. Sometimes the best place to release unpleasant thoughts and feelings is in the shower or bathtub.
4. Virgo, never ever cheat on a Cancer. This will have long-term negative consequences. It will massively mess with Cancer's emotional matrix. Something you never want to do.
5. Cancer, have a side hustle that brings in money. It might be smart to have some play money setup for you. Sometimes earth signs are very tight and frugal. But sometimes, you need to be silly and spend money in funny ways. I highly recommend a hobby or something that gives you the play money you want... that way your spending doesn't become an argument.
6. You two make really great parents. You have different styles, but because of your different ways of handling things it causes you to raise the children well. Don't be dismayed by the other person's style. Focus on making sure your kids have healthy relationships with the both of you.
7. Cancer, your Virgo does not have to like everyone in your social circle. It's okay if Virgo needs some alone time while you go to a social function or hang out with others, etc.
8. Virgo, watch the ego. Don't get bent out of shape over little things. There is no such thing as perfection—that's an illusion. You need to apply yourself into the world but with grace. You will have setbacks and shortfalls like everyone else.
9. Have things that are a routine for the both of you that you both enjoy.
10. Cancer, don't make huge sudden changes without talking to Virgo first. Don't randomly go get a pet and force it upon them.
If This Sign Were a....
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
My Strange Addiction
Final Fantasy Class
The Bell Jar
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Vanilla and Cinnamon
Citrus and earth
Article of Clothing