Andrea writes on various topics from dating, couples, astrology, weddings, interior design, and gardens. She studied film and writing.
Relationships Between a Taurus and a Leo
Taurus and Leo square each other, making for a match that both repulses and attracts. Because their energies are so wild, I find these to be some of the strongest relationships across the board. Square relationships can intuitively understand a great deal about each other, but they also have heavy blind spots. The fixed signs are in a league of their own. Taurus and Leo are the first two fixed signs. As such, they have a certain ego about them. I find signs that are in the early half of the zodiac tend to have a stronger energy to them, and those in the latter half have a softer, more receptive side. Traditional astrology puts fire and wind signs as masculine, and earth and water as feminine—but it is much more complicated than that. A Taurus and Leo pairing is not going to be like an Aquarius and Scorpio pairing. Aquarius and Scorpio do their biddings in the mind, which makes for a powerful psychic connection, but also a brutal one if you are not prepared for it. So, what is it that a Leo and a Taurus need most?
What Taurus and Leo Need
Taurus and Leo, on the other hand, are both forward creatures. They will act out their needs in physical reality. Taurus as an earth sign craves to relate to the world. They believe in what they can reach out and hold. Leo as a fire sign is all about willpower and manifestation. Leo is eager to get the party started, to make magic happen, and to both fight with all their might and to love with all their soul. Taurus and Leo will admire being all out in the open. Leo wears its heart on its sleeve, and with Taurus it's generally easy to see where they are headed. Both are intelligent, motivated, and love to get stuff done.
Love Between an Earth and Fire Sign
They will also peck at each other. Both want to be top dogs. Leo is one of the most powerful leaders in the whole zodiac, but their ego is their kryptonite. They need someone to pamper them, so if Taurus is going to bite at Leo's ankle—they better be prepared to dote on them. Leo loves it when their partner dotes on them. Taurus loves to tend to the garden, keep things in order, and has great pride in being the center of spring—the center of life. Leo thinks all the action and life is happening mid-summer. It sees crops at their full ripeness, in the heat, and when people can leave their jobs and go play. Sometimes Taurus and Leo may have conflicts over this very arena: Taurus is a constant, hard worker with zeal and ambition, they want food on the table, they want things in a correct order. Meanwhile, Leo is a great warrior, but often lazy and wants to play. If Leo opens up their mind and roars, they can achieve what they want with stunning accuracy, and to Taurus' annoyance since Taurus works hard to make ends meet.
Taurus and Leo Egos
The two will often have battles over their egos. They will power play each other and act as two alphas. Leo will find Taurus' tunnel vision hilarious as the bull. Taurus will find Leo's soft heart a great place to wound them. The two have to respect each other and have empathy to make this work, or they'll fight for the sake of fighting. Fortunately, both are incredibly bright and are light seekers—they want positive relationships. Neither Taurus nor Leo will put up with abuse for very long. It doesn't fit into Taurus' traditions. And Leo needs a partner to dote on them—if you are not supporting them in that way, Leo will lose interest.
April 21 - May 21
July 23 – August 22
Stubborn, sensual, traditional
Proud, charismatic, tender
Read More From Pairedlife
Making the Relationship Work
This pairing will do well to work together. The notion of "my way or the highway" will only end in annoyance and pain. You must build a life together, not against each other. Taurus may sometimes feel like it is tending to Leo and the messes Leo makes; while on the other hand, Leo feels like it gets things started and pushes Taurus to be more. Both of these signs come from highly sexual and sensual places. They both desire physical touch, they want to spend time together, and they want to explore the world. Both enjoy family. Taurus likes the traditional comfort of family, Leo likes the built-in audience of family. Both want to enjoy this and see it as a surplus.
Tips for Making a Relationship Between Leo and Taurus Work
- Don't just compete with each other and be distracted. Work out your differences and split up the tasks.
- Spend time outside and doing meaningful projects. Taurus naturally likes the outdoors, Leo naturally enjoys social stimulation. Doing projects together helps this pairing.
- You can also do projects together that are indoors, like doing a puzzle, house remodeling, new hobbies, or cooking.
- Taurus is a fairly conservative sign, Leo prefers social harmony over traditions. They like to lead but also make sure that people are getting along. This can confuse Leo who jumps into action pretty quick. Taurus and Leo need to work on their expectations and goals. It would be easy for these two to have different directions in life and then not communicate that to each other very well.
- Both need affection. Be giving with hugs, kisses, and holding hands.
- When you notice something good about your partner, go ahead and say it rather than keep it to yourself.
- Don't let things get out of hand when angry. The two of you will charge at each other and essentially not accomplish anything. Watch your temper.
- Be willing to listen more, on Leo's side. And Taurus, be willing to talk more. Sometimes Taurus bottles up its thoughts and thinks others know what's going on, others typically don't know what you are thinking unless you say it.
- You may have conflicts about settling and also changing things up. Taurus wants to take care of the garden, of traditions, and the like while Leo wants to set out into new territory. This stepping out into the world isn't as strong as the fire sign Aries, but Leo will need to stretch his legs. Taurus and Leo will need to compromise to get a lot of things done, and that's okay. Sometimes you should let one or the other have their turn at leading and deciding. Rotating that kind of leadership will help you as a unit rather than have one person as the strong leader and then the other as more codependent.
- Be mindful of what you are doing and how you could be making your partner jealous. Leo gets easily jealous, so does Taurus. So be considerate of their feelings, and try to strengthen your feelings and sense of loyalty as well. Jealously only breeds division.
Minding the Egos
Remember with Taurus and Leo, they both have strong egos. Taurus sees itself as the center of life. Taurus is when the flowers bloom, the trees turn green, and the birds sing. it's also when you have strong weather patterns from flooding, tornadoes, and hail. Taurus can both be tender, sweet, and kind with all the romance, and it can also be a powerful force to reckon with. Taurus feels like it has big shoes to fill after being the second child after Aries. Taurus sometimes over-expends itself to prove itself greater or as great as Aries. You can expect a Taurus to have great pride in itself for being so dynamic, while also having a scary amount of power at its fingertips.
Leo, on the other hand, is the center of summer. With Leo comes vacation, a great deal of heat, and joy over harvest. Leo is a time for eating strawberries, hitting the pool, and traveling the world. Leo thinks that it is the best time of the year and what we all are working toward. Leo can be lazy at times, but it can bite you in the face if you rattle your Leo up. Leo wants passionate love, and for long stretches of time. Leo can make for an impressive lover, but don't smart its ego. Then it will shut down and get competitive with you.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2017 Andrea Lawrence