Andrea writes on various topics from dating, couples, astrology, weddings, interior design, and gardens. She studied film and writing.
Signs an Aries Is Into You
It's not the hardest thing to tell whether or not an Aries likes you. The first sign of the zodiac wants to make things happen. Not just in relationships, but in everything. It won't shy away from business that needs to get done, and that includes its feelings. They are the sign of manifestation. They are bold enough to ask you out, call you pretty, and make a move.
You can expect this sign to break the ice and ask for your number. This sign goes after what it wants; it takes life by the horns and does what it needs to do. So if you are wondering if an Aries likes you, I hope to clear that up by the end of this article.
The Fire Sign
Aries is a fire sign. The first house of the zodiac; it has the energetic vibe of a first born child. An Aries is ambitious, intellectual, and fast moving. This sign will start a number of projects in their lifetime, and often leave them in someone else's hands. It is constantly thinking up new ideas but isn't always willing to focus solely on one project, or person. This sign prides itself on its ability to make a cold room bustle with energy—and then leave. Aries starts the spring season after the dead of winter. It is like an apostle or missionary who comes into a town, brings in the good news, inspires the people—and then moves on to the next place. Other people come into nurture the place and organize the resources.
With Aries comes storms, bolts of lightning, wind, and flowers. You can expect a variety to Aries, a hot-temper, passionate in bed, daring, and also loving. This sign wants life to be spicy, sultry, and ultimately alive! An Aries doesn't want to just be in a classroom bored out of its mind. Things that are too regular for an Aries are quite contrite. The more unusual signs often attract an Aries because it likes that kind of flare. Aquarius is constantly rethinking and rebellious, yet not as forward so this gives Aries plenty of space to be its own person against the rebel of the zodiac.
The job of an Aries is to bring about new life, that is why its the first sign. It gets the momentum running for the rest of the year, and every Aries enjoys this highly important job. Without Aries, we would end at a curled up peaceful Pisces who no longer wants to fight the battle. Pisces is the end of winter, bleak, hopeful, and soft-hearted. Pisces is the martyr; Aries is the apostle.
The Aries Flirty Checklist
So how can you tell if they are interested in your or if you are just blowing smoke in the water? Aries has an advantage over most signs. They are direct. They don't feel like they're putting their heart on the line; they feel alive when they go after what they want. They wouldn't be concentrating so much energy on you if they were not interested. Here are 29 signs to look for when dealing with an Aries.
- You find them showing up at all your regular spots, likely to run into you. You may catch them near your locker, hanging out at your gym, suddenly going to your church, or getting the same coffee as you.
- Will flat out ask for your company and will ask you out on a date. They'll already have a plan of where they want to go, or at least a rough idea. They've locked onto a date idea that they're pretty sure will be successful. Whether dinner and a movie or something more adventurous—like a hot air balloon ride.
- Sends you lots of selfies of them looking perfect and alluring. Aries wants to show off somewhat, and they'll want to show you their accomplishments. They want you to see their face, because who wouldn't want to see their face?
- Asks you to be their dance partner.
- Sends you texts throughout the day. They're thinking of you, so why not just talk to you?
- Breaks the touch barrier one way or another. They won't leave you hanging. If they like you, they will touch you.
- Takes you on a spontaneous journey. Spontaneous fire energy is part of their craft. They'll take you on for a magical ride all of their own creation, whether it's terrible, great, or something between.
- Calls you, makes an effort more than the norm. It won't always feel routine, but it will feel consistent.
- Takes you on creative dates, quick-thinking, lots of questions to get to know you. They can get too excited and rush things. You may have to tell them to slow down through dating if things are going too fast.
- Likes to inspire you, looks out for you. Considers you in their plans.
- Consistent with you. Consistency is king.
- Talks about exactly what they have in mind with you and their future. If they have a vision, then you are in good shape. Make sure they have a vision and are not just leading you on.
- Is interested in what you have to say, wants to know what you do in your free time. They want to find similar interests.
- Aries is a passionate sign, so they'll make a move on you one way or another. Maybe miss you spontaneously.
- Looks for ways the two of you can come together, whether for a quick bite to eat, or some random retreat to the park.
- Flirts fairly openly and aggressively. They really want people to know when they are interested. They hope for a quick response back. They will flirt publicly and not just privately.
- An Aries prides itself on being sexual. They want to feel like they have magnetic energy and can bring out someone else's flirty side. They like being a spectacle.
- They will charm their way into your heart. Send a billion balloons, come over with a dozen red roses, or find the best wine. They want to impress. They also like aesthetics and good showmanship.
- Attention with very noticeable focus. They like to move about constantly in this world, so if they stop and fixate on something, that's a sign they like it. It's really captured their attention.
- Fire signs want to add warmth to a relationship, positive energy, seek for showy relations. They desire a strong love and want to keep the romantic fire going. They also tend to like trophy spouses and not doormats.
- Aries can be headstrong. They are known for having a lot of mental energy, and are symbolized with the ram with horns on their head. They may argue, quarrel, and put up a fight both to get your attention and because they enjoy a little bit of action.
- They'll be interested in getting to know the people who are important to you, both your friends and family.
- Showing you off for the sake of showing you off, such as asking to dress fancy with you: They'll try to impress you one way or another. They're not afraid to make a display of themselves, especially for someone they like.
- They get very excited to talk to you. You can see them smiling, and they'll engage in a long conversation.
- They'll spend money on you, and they will buy you gifts or meals.
- Direct. Will likely just flat out grab your hand.
- Has several inside jokes with you.
- Asks you what is their type to figure out if they are your type.
- Gets the ball rolling, because they're interested.
Aries Cheat Sheet
Beginning of Spring
Free will / Manifestation
1st Child of the Zodiac
Energetic, foreceful, outgoing
Aries: Understanding the Beginning of Spring
Consider the first of spring, and you'll understand the Aries. After months of cold weather, hibernation, and a sense of drought (or even dehydration), Aries knocks off the old skin and brings out a time of celebration.
An Aries Brings Life Back to a Dead World
Aries is also about building the first blooms of the season to carry into the rest of the year. The leaves grow back, the grass turns green, the days lengthen, and there is hope in the air—also, a lot of pollen and allergies. Aries can be a mixed bag, you may go from having nice temperate weather, to a snowy, cold turn the-heater-back-on kind of day, to feeling like there is so much sunshine outside that you can forgo your clothes. It's the warmth of Aries that jump starts everything in the year and shakes off the cold. It's an exciting time, like someone jumping a really old car's battery—and it turning into a mustang.
They Turn Old Into New
Aries makes the old the new, it turns a gray day into a blue sky, and it puts two seemingly uninterested people together to fall in love. Have you ever noticed when spring hits, people start to fall in love all over again? Spring has a way of getting people to warm up to each other. Aries is like Cupid, but also a war horse. Aries wants to charge into battle; it wants to conquer as much as possible in its short lifetime. This can make them hasty, unpredictable, and also a lot to take on for yourself.
This sign does not put up with the boring, the too normal, or the too predictable. It is looking for how to get things alive again. So it'll beg for spring cleaning to declutter the house, it'll motivate you to get a beach body, and it'll make you feel the urge to go on a vacation, ask someone out, or take on a new hobby. Aries is a time of inspiration and free will.
Aries, as the firstborn of the zodiac, is eager to be independent. This sign is excited to break away from the birthing experience to become itself. The idea of retrograde, and going back to the womb is a horrific idea to this very independent soul who wants to take on the world. So if you try to control or tame an Aries, this will make them run away.
Some signs want to cling, to merge, and feel best when they have a partner. Aries is someone who needs to stand on their own. An Aries needs someone who can argue, who can take some teasing. An Aries will question you, debate you, and most of this is in good fun. Don't be afraid to make boundaries with Aries. This likely will help them respect you.
An Aries Is Ruled by Mars
This sign doesn't want to hold onto something if it no longer has a spark. Mars rules their body, and so Aries likely will flat out flirt with you with their body, with macho attitude, or even some cockiness or inflated-confidence.
If you're a Harry Potter fan, Gryffindors are the house of fire. If you can think of the personalities of the house, it typically follows a fire sign. For instance, the Gryffindors are brave, athletic, intelligent, tender and kind, childlike love, sometimes immature, and playful.
An Aries is not the type you should go for if you are desperate for mind games, clinging, or the like. Remember, they are outgoing and have vitality. How they interact with people is outgoing, and they are fighters for what they love—be careful with how you become jealous of an Aries because they could just be being social. You would have no doubts if an Aries was cheating because they'll be outright flirtatious. Aries can work on being more tender; sometimes, they hide their tender feelings in passion.
© 2017 Andrea Lawrence
Someone unimportant on August 01, 2019:
I’m a Cancer, and my friend/crush is an Aries. So, apparently he likes me? Lol, I’m way too scared to test the waters or anything, so I just stick to quizzes.
Trinity on April 17, 2019:
I am a Sagittarius dating an Arien. We are so involved and yet have our independent lives. We are driven by each other when we are together. Intimacy is a common ground for both us, apart from the fact that we have similar interests like riding, cars. We laugh, talk, argue, flirting, discuss, flaunt etc. We love the secrecy of our relationship as both of us work in the same office. It's thrilling. He flirts with me and also said just yesterday after a month and a half of dating that I make him comfortable. I completely believe they need to be independent and be allowed to do what they without judging them. I am totally brutally open about what I feel or my opinion and he loves it. He is charming and has started paying me a lot of compliments recently. I love this Arien and I know he enjoys my company and he says he loves me too.
Brandi on April 16, 2019:
I am currently dating a 41 year old Aries man, and he is more than wonderful. I am a Taurean woman of 35, and I have NEVER met a man like this one. He is a Airline Pilot, and I am a flight attendant for a different Airline. We literally cannot get enough of eachother! #GameChanger
Tijata on March 27, 2019:
Hi I have actually a crush that is an Aries and I wanted to see if he likes me I am a Sagittarius btw but umm yea it seams he likes me
I f on February 23, 2019:
I find myself drawn to Aries. Like i meet four aries so far. Love their fierce side of them. They love challenge too. Im a Sagittarius i got three aries friends.
Santonio on January 23, 2019:
Im an aries female and this is so accurate just about everything was so correct !
D on September 06, 2018:
Oh wow! I’m an Aries lady and damn this is so accurate ! If anyone wants an Aries they need to pose a challenge and to accept a screaming child of the zodiac. If you don’t accept the screams too soon though you make them respect you
Sucheta on August 20, 2018:
Wow I have just found one Aries and your article is so perfect of what is an aries and all things and matches so perfectly. Amazing article.and by the way thanku for the cherry on the pie-the K-drama pics specially of Lee Minho. Also because of your mentioned points,my mind got clear. Thanku again
sharplyanonymous on August 01, 2018:
I am an aquarian woman with a gemini moon and a very scorpio chart. And then I met this guy through an application. He’s an Aries with an aquarian moon. We connected almost instantaneously. We would exchange these huge message texts about the most beautiful topics. And then he asked for my e-mail address, and we talked more. Then he asked for my number on Skype, and it was still more wonderful to talk on the phone. On that very night he said he would come and visit me, If I wanted. He’s in America and I’m in Brazil. So he did. Lots of things were on the way of this trip, things like: he was moving to another State, starting a new life, lots of things to do, and also on the flight date he discovered he needed a Visa and this delayed his coming. But he did it anyway. We spent a week together, and it was perfect. We couldn’t match more. A few times I was upset that it would end, and strangely felt this would be it. You see, I’m very insecure. He ressured me that he wanted to see me again, that the semester would be busy but that we would talk and that he would update me on his feelings. If we survived these months we could see each other on the end of the year. On the last day, I couldn’t help but crying. A little bit a lot. The thing is: I am tremendously worried that I might have sounded too clingy, that he doesn’t feel like being with me anymore, because I suffocated him. Now we’re far again (2 days) and I don’t feel like talking much because I don’t want to make the wrong move. He was sweet on the messages after he got there, but kept it short. Still, I’m scared he won’t reach out to me again, because of that bad impression...!
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on May 16, 2018:
Try for a friendship first. I think you were being too wishy-washy. So when you feel more centered, send him a nice, sweet hello and see where things can pick up from there.
DangerousMinds on April 30, 2018:
I'm an Aries and never dated or interacted with an Aries man ... until I did. He was quick witted, fun loving, always captivating with a host of stories and perspectives. We forged a friendship of sorts and worked together as a team to bring out each other's thoughts and ideas. I had the biggest crush on him and didn't let him know it but it seemed he liked me too. When we were choosing to meet the first time, he wanted to do a lot ... take me places... go out to eat ... take me to a comedy and I was taken aback because I didn't realize he liked me like that. Hell I didn't realize I liked him like that either. I pumped the breaks and things started changing then. Our dynamic was muted a bit. Long story short ... I'd always had his back until he got into it with his birthday twin who was also a friend. I tried to mediate (because I liked them both and knew my girlfriend was hard headed and couldn't be reached). He felt I handled it wrong and should have told her off. He ended it. I tried reaching out after giving him time and he was still upset and told me he wasn't giving me another chance. Problem is ... I miss him... don't know what to do but I miss him a lot. Smartest guy I know and his eyes?? Amazing... gorgeous physique, handaome... all of it. If he knew I wrote this, he'd likely make fun of me... lol. It's been a while but I wondered if it's too late to try and make it up to him and if it's at all possible to bring him into my world again.
Yanti Azhar on April 14, 2018:
Never know someone could ever described me so well...like you’ve known me for years
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on August 04, 2017:
Thank you, glad you find it interesting.
Larry Rankin from Oklahoma on August 03, 2017:
Another interesting series, friend.