Andrea loves to write about the zodiac and research astrological compatibility. She's been an online writer for over five years.
Introduction to Courting an Aquarius
Aquarius is one of the more difficult signs to read, so it can be hard to tell if it is interested in you. The sign requires building a friendship and having trust. The Aquarius is a highly intellectual sign, and it prides itself on being balanced. It is striving to have its life in a state of harmony, and sometimes bringing in a partner doesn't automatically fit with that stack of cards.
Aquarius is one of the most independent and single signs. It really sees the value in itself and how to carry its life without having to be paired. If you want to win the heart of an Aquarius, you have to put on your best game. You need to up the romance, be genuine, make them feel loved, and be stable. Aquarius needs some amount of grounding since they are such a strong wind sign. They don't want to bring in more chaos than necessary since they are already a creator of chaos, a creator of life, a creative soul from high to low.
How to Attract an Aquarius
Attracting an Aquarius can come from many different angles. They do love minds, but they are also attracted to bodies. They are looking for someone who has just as many amazing cards in their deck as they do. They want to make sure that whatever person is spending time with them will compliment them, be loyal, and have a strong connection. Aquarius is all about connection, and it may be confused if you put a lot of emphasis on attraction.
Signs an Aquarius Likes You
- You can tell an Aquarius likes you if they are spending time with you, especially consistently. An Aquarius shows that someone means more to them by the level of time they offer. Aquarius typically has an army of friends and connections, whether they are aware of this or not. When they give less time to their friends and more time to you, they might be thinking of you as a romantic interest—or maybe just a best friend.
- If Aquarius starts opening up to you about the deeper parts of themselves, it means they feel comfortable around you. Aquarius adores privacy. They are emotional beings, but they hide it until they feel someone can handle it.
- Aquarius also doesn't like being vulnerable, so if they are willing to be vulnerable and open with you, that means they are taking a liking to you.
- When an Aquarius likes to show you all their weird interests, it is her way of saying she is interested in you, too. It could be from odd movies, video games, food, stories, and YouTube videos.
- Some Aquarians struggle to open physically, so if they are letting you kiss them, that's a big deal.
- If he confides in you when he has problems—like when he feels like he can't sort something on his own or when he wants a second opinion on something rather than just relying on his brain—that means he is trying to bring you in closer.
- An Aquarius is mystic and likes to keep it that way. If they are allowing you to see what makes them tick, that means they are willing to let go of some of their mystery in order to be closer to you.
- Aquarius, in my opinion, subtly flirts. An Aquarius will launch into a gentle attack and then grow louder and louder. Soft kisses into a louder crescendo.
- If Aquarius is comfortable letting go of some of its calm to show less developed emotions, it means you are getting in their head. They don't like losing control of their emotions. It isn't easy.
- When an Aquarius starts making you meals, you know they are trying to seduce you.
- When an Aquarius is willing to sleep in your bed and cozy up to you.
- When an Aquarius texts you consistently, daily, throughout the week.
- If she starts talking about qualities she likes that you have.
- When he drives or flies all the way out to see you, when it is near-impossible to step away from a busy schedule.
- An Aquarius doesn't always show its heart. If you can get an Aquarius to open up and cry, you have them in a pretty vulnerable state.
- An Aquarius can be a powerful mix of modest and sultry. This can make it confusing, but when they are more open with showing both sides, that means they are open to you seeing them fully.
- An Aquarius wants you to like them. They are social masters. You not liking them would drive them crazy. They know by instinct if someone likes them, so if they are allowing you to get closer, they are doing this consciously.
- When an Aquarius shares their bed with you—and consistently—they like you.
- When an Aquarius doesn't let go easily. When they let the hugs linger. When they kiss you for a long, long-ass time.
- When an Aquarius grabs to hold your hand.
- It can be difficult for them to share their creative world and introduce you to new and beautiful ideas. When they can't help but share their creative projects with you first, then you are their number 1.
- An Aquarius will take time to get to know you. You'll find that relationships with an Aquarius have a slower pace to them. This is a good thing. They are testing how loyal and trustworthy you are.
- When an Aquarius is willing to plan dates.
- If you get a long letter from an especially eloquent Aquarius, they are trying to connect the dots on the romance.
- An Aquarius shows its love to you by singing you gently to sleep. If you are lucky. And they have a good voice.
What Can You Do to Better Your Odds?
An Aquarius is looking for someone with a nice body and a great mind. They want someone who can be their best friend. If you want to have a chance with an Aquarius, make sure to show that you are intelligent. Try to find where are the Aquarian's strengths, and play to that. Try to have conversations where you know they have strengths. Encourage them to be themselves.
Don't Two-Time Aquarius
Also, make sure that they are the only one you are trying to seduce. Aquarius will be offended if you are playing the field with them. It will greatly confuse them. Aquarius does struggle with jealously when it comes to romance, but unlike a Scorpio who shows their jealously on their sleeve, Aquarius hides it. Aquarius will run and hide.
If Aquarius is avoiding you a lot, this means they are trying to get rid of you. A Scorpio uses space to refresh for about a week, and sometimes that space is fatal, but an Aquarius is a professional hider to get rid of you. They are the inventors of ghosting, as they should be since they are dominate wind spirits. They don't mean harm by ghosting, but they feel like it's an easy way to cut corners and get rid of the fat instead of dealing with the fat with someone they don't want to deal with, period. They may come back around. They may know how to get rid of you with grace. It just depends.
Find the Connection
An Aquarius wants to be with someone who has a great, star-packed connection with them. This isn't something you can create out of thin air; it just has to work. They like chemistry, they like spontaneity, and they like creating really strong, romantic memories. In some ways, they are really similar to Pisces, except maybe not as lovely and sweet. Aquarius can be belligerent, more fast-paced, and dynamic. Pisces is incredible and a great match for Aquarians, but I think Pisces on the whole is even sweeter.
Jenn on September 04, 2020:
I’m a Scorpio with an Aquarius man, he is very emotional with me , says he loves me all the time is this normal, he chased me for years I finally fell in love with him.
Riya on July 09, 2020:
I can connect with this definitely difficult to show emotions even when we really like someone and hoping they might know that
grant bunnell on July 02, 2020:
i am Aquarius too
I just work here on April 21, 2020:
ok I am an aqurias and I do not know why I hate leos so much anyways
there is this guy I am tring to tell him I like him but he run away why does it mean he is shy and also when ever someone is rude or tris to be my friend or my brothers friends tell me weird and discussing thing why do I get so violent that I want ripe there eyes out and make them eat it
I literally get that mad when someone pushes my buttons and tests my nerves like a month ago I got in a fight and I kick this guy circle and then I punched him multiple times and I am a girl what is with that like I am I so annoyed and when ever I get sad why am I so good at hiding my emtoins and like I had a melt down last night because I cant see my mom till this covid 19 stop and when ever I think of my mom I cry so much and then I the morning I am acting fin like why
Yasmine on April 19, 2020:
Hi,am an aquarian 2 and i can relate
An Aries Female on February 29, 2020:
I have a crush on an Aquarius and some people are telling me he likes me Back bc he told them but idk what to do cuz what if they are playing a prank or somerging ( yes I have trust issues )
OKECHUKWU on December 18, 2019:
I am Tuarus dating an Aquarius now for more than 5YEARS now,do you advise we should go ahead get married
Random Aquarian on October 12, 2019:
I have a crush on an Aquarius, but I’m Aquarius. Should I date him?
Skylar on September 13, 2019:
So i started dating an aquarius and he acts like all of these (the good stuff). He acts just like these things. I searched up who is an aquarius most compatible with and it said an aquarius was most compatible with a sagittarius (me) and a few others. So thats good to hear
Bob on August 25, 2019:
I'm a Libra, so romance and emotion comes natural to me. I've recently started dating an Aquarius and am confused as hell. After reading this I'm still just as confused!!! Lol
Jess on April 29, 2019:
I am a aqaurius women n i can relate,i have been with my leo man for 14 yrs n he is the greatest man i could have ever found.
Random Aquarian on March 10, 2019:
Almost cried in here. Our sign is so complicated, sometimes even for us the aquarians. This article reveals it all very precisely. Good job !!
Someone on February 01, 2019:
What does it mean if an Aquarius male compliments when he doesn’t really have to and helps and gies advice and listens to an leo female and doesn’t get bothered does that mean he’s into her
Not telling name on January 11, 2019:
I'm a Aquarius and this sounds so much like me
Camy on November 10, 2018:
I'm an Aquarius and I relate to this so much.
Yongmi on October 12, 2018:
Hi Kal, well I'm an aqua female too ..well there are quite different uniqueness in behaviours of different aquas I was kinda bit like the same as u mentioned but as I'm a calm understanding type I could'nt say all are the same.. Soo ,I wud like to suggest u to watch HOW TO ATTRACT AQUARIOUS WOMEN youtube video from "Hannah's elsewhere" she kniws better I hope it will help you get the facts y is that u r getting a feeling of detatchment though u r not !,this video is more than just saying about attracting an aqua.. We aqua people look for the inside of a person.. Just be "genuien"!!most importanttt!! Dont be the fake ones or show off type,that wont be on our list of appreciation, just be you..! no matter what even if you feel ashamed to tell ur personal things thinking what will she think of what u have said , dont think we r like others who will just dont like it and leave it .. We r a good listeners and we respect! what u have said..plus try figuring out things which will help u come out..so just dont be hesitant in being weird or in ur childish acts of saying no to certain things.. we would love to see yourself ,we kinda feel its silly but cute, soo just go ahead but just dont be you know too weird in impressing or something orelse we'd be getting a little minus points on you which wud probably have an excuse but to get rid of that minus thing I mean negative point of u which isnt pleasing..we feel alright ,thats what we fel inside...okay..Im just being straight to help u out alright..
jen on August 11, 2018:
I met my aquarian on a dating site. We got very close to the point i stopped talking to others and he was talking ring. Although he was chatting with other women, when I mentioned i was chatting with another guy weeks before, he cold ghosted me...blocked me right then and there no explanation....I guess he will not be coming back.
Elijah on July 05, 2018:
Im a scorpio that is friends with an aquarius that does all of these things
Person N on June 21, 2018:
I'm aquarius and I kinda relate to all of this. I've already read a few posts of your page and I like it. I saw the compatibility with Sagittarius (sign I love a lot) so congratulations and keep making this kind of informative site!
kal on June 10, 2018:
I am in love with aquarious girl she say ok but we are not acting like we are in the relation i am libra
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on April 12, 2018:
lmk on April 11, 2018:
cared enough to reply
Ms.su on October 30, 2017:
No one cares if your married sir
Anonymous on October 10, 2017:
I'm in love with an Aquarius man, we r both married and the feeling is mutual