Andrea writes on various topics from dating, couples, astrology, weddings, interior design, and gardens. She studied film and writing.
Introduction to Courting an Aquarius
Aquarius is one of the more difficult signs to read, so it can be hard to tell if one is interested in you. The sign requires building a friendship first. The Aquarius is a highly intellectual sign, and they pride themselves on their unique perspective. They strive to live a balanced and harmonious life, and sometimes bringing in a partner doesn’t fit with their stack of cards.
Aquarius is one of the most independent and single signs. They don’t compromise on their expectations easily. If you want to win the heart of an Aquarius, you have to put on your best game. You need to up the romance, be genuine, make them feel loved, and show that you’re stable. Aquarius needs some amount of grounding. They don’t want to bring in a chaotic partner because they are the fixed air sign, the creator of chaos, the water bearer who changes the flow. They're a creative soul in every way imaginable.
How to Attract an Aquarius
There are multiple ways to attract an Aquarius. They do love minds, but they also love a handsome face. They are looking for someone who has just as many amazing cards in their deck as they do. They want a partner who will compliment them, be loyal, and have a strong ESP-like connection. Aquarius is all about connection. They have to vibe with you.
Aquarius at a Quick Glance
January 20 to February 18
Middle of Winter
Swords; The Star
Yin or Yang
Signs an Aquarius Likes You
- You can tell an Aquarius likes you if they’re spending a lot of time with you, especially consistently. An Aquarius shows that someone means more to them by the level of time they offer. Aquarius typically has an army of friends and connections, whether they are aware of this or not. When they give less time to their friends and more time to you, they might be thinking of you as a romantic interest (or possibly a best friend).
- If Aquarius starts opening up to you about the deeper parts of themselves, it means they feel comfortable around you. Aquarius adores privacy. They are emotional beings, but they hide it until they feel someone can really handle it.
- Aquarius doesn’t like being vulnerable, so if they are willing to be vulnerable and open with you, that means they like you.
- When an Aquarius likes to show you all their weird interests, it is her way of saying she is interested in you. She might show you her odd movie collection, her array of untranslated video games, foods from other countries, bizarre stories from the swamp of the Internet, and funny YouTube videos.
- Some Aquarians struggle to open physically, so if they are letting you kiss them, that’s a big deal.
- If he confides in you when he has problems — like when he feels like he can’t sort something out on his own, or when he wants a second opinion on something rather than just relying on his brain — that means he is trying to bring you in closer.
- An Aquarius is a mystic and likes to keep it that way. If they are allowing you to see what makes them tick, that means they are willing to let go of some of their mystery so that they can be closer to you.
- Aquarius, in my opinion, flirts subtly. An Aquarius will launch into a gentle attack and then grow louder and louder. Soft kisses and into something roaring with passion.
- If Aquarius is comfortable letting go of some of their calm to show less developed emotions, it means they feel safe around you.
- When an Aquarius starts making you extravagant meals, know that they are trying to seduce you.
- When an Aquarius is willing to sleep in your bed and cozy up to you.
- When an Aquarius texts you consistently, daily, and throughout the week.
- If she starts talking about qualities she likes that you have. She compliments you heavily.
- When he drives or flies a long distance just to see you.
- An Aquarius likes you if they keep staring at you from afar. They’re acting mysterious and aloof.
- They buy you sentimental gifts that take a lot of thought and planning.
- An Aquarius wants you to like them. They are social masters. You not liking them would drive them crazy. They know by instinct if someone likes them, so if they are allowing you to get closer, they are doing this consciously.
- When an Aquarius writes your name on a piece of paper over and over like a ritual. And there are lots of hand-drawn hearts.
- When an Aquarius doesn’t let go easily. When they let the hugs linger. When they kiss you for an unreasonable amount of time.
- When an Aquarius grabs your hand and holds it.
- They ask you rapid-fire questions to get to know you.
- When Aquarius takes things slow. This is a good thing. They are testing whether you are loyal or not. They don’t want to rush things.
- When an Aquarius is willing to plan dates.
- If you get a long letter from an especially eloquent Aquarius, they are trying to connect the dots on the romance. Air signs love to show their heart through words. They write novels to people that they like.
- An Aquarius shows their love through creativity. They sing you a song, take you out dancing, cook an excellent meal, make you a lovely piece of pottery, or experiment with your hair.
Read More From Pairedlife
What Can You Do to Better Your Odds?
An Aquarius is looking for someone with a nice body and a great mind. They want someone who can be their best friend. If you want to have a chance with an Aquarius, make sure to show that you are intelligent. Know your Aquarian’s strengths, and play to that. Try to have conversations that go with their interests. Encourage them to be themselves.
Don't Two-Time Aquarius
Make sure that they are the only one you are trying to seduce. Aquarius will be offended if you juggle them with other suitors. It will greatly confuse them.
Aquarius does struggle with jealously when it comes to love, but not like a Scorpio who shows their jealously on their sleeve — Aquarius hides it. Aquarius will run and hide.
If Aquarius is avoiding you a lot, this means they are trying to erase you from their life. A Scorpio bluntly cuts you out of their life. An Aquarius is a professional hider; they use hiding to get rid of you.
They are the inventors of ghosting — as they should be, since they’re dominated by air. They don’t mean any harm by ghosting, but they feel like it’s an easier way to cut corners and get rid of the fat. They don’t want to confront you about their reasons because they think it will make things worse. They may come back around eventually. . . but don’t hold your breath. They may know how to get rid of you with grace. It just depends.
Find the Connection
An Aquarius wants to be with someone who has a great, star-packed connection with them. This isn’t something you can create out of thin air; it just has to work.
They like chemistry, they like spontaneity, and they like creating really strong romantic memories. In some ways, they are really similar to Pisces, except maybe not as lovely and sweet. Aquarius can be belligerent, more fast-paced, and dynamic. Pisces is incredible and a great match for Aquarians, but I think Pisces on the whole is sweeter.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2016 Andrea Lawrence