Andrea writes on various topics from dating, couples, astrology, weddings, interior design, and gardens. She studied film and writing.
For whatever reason, there is a great deal of intrigue and wonder when it comes to the Scorpio—they can be difficult to read. People find Scorpios to be private, sensual, mysterious, eloquent, or even childlike. That's because Scorpio has a wide range of emotions that many other zodiacs never experience.
This may be why many of the greatest actors are Scorpios, like Ryan Gosling, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Julia Roberts. In order to play great characters, you must understand the full force of emotions and how to harness them. Ryan Reynolds is a typical Scorpio. He plays one of the most typical Scorpios ever: Deadpool.
Despite all that intrigue, Scorpios are fairly easy to read in relationships. If they are interested in you, they will keep the conversation going regardless of what it may cost them. They'll want to spend time with you one-on-one and with minimal distractions.
Texting Habits of Affectionate Scorpios
Scorpios are looking for something deeper than a physical connection. The best advice I have for steering a Scorpio relationship is don't head to the sheets immediately.
They probably will only see you as a casual thing. What you need to do is get them talking, let them open up about their private matters, and get the wheels in their head turning. Take everything slowly, and you'll have a long-term relationship. And I do mean everything. Don't reveal your cards too quickly—Scorpios love mystery.
- When a Scorpio likes you, they’ll use texting as a way to check in on you. They’ll ask about your day and ask how you are doing to see if you want to hang out. They like to slowly but surely unsolve you.
- They'll compliment you about your personality, your looks, your brain, your emotions—everything.
- They'll be straightforward with you. If a Scorpio has made up their mind about someone, they are going after them.
- A Scorpio will use texting to create a foundation for the relationship. They'll text you throughout the day; you'll never be surprised to see a message from them.
- They'll text you that they had a good time with you and would like to spend more time with you.
- They'll text you to try to get to know you. Scorpio likes the chase and the mystery. They have a lot of questions, but they don't want to come off blunt.
- They'll text you to plan dates or to hang out—they'll try to meet up with you in person.
- They'll text you and ask you questions about things they know you are going through. They might ask you about your rough day at work, how your mom is doing, if the dog's surgery went well, or if your car needs to be fixed.
- If a Scorpio likes you, they'll want to help you in any way they can. They might offer to give you a ride when your car dies, they may make you soup when you are sick, and they may try to entertain you so that you feel good.
- When a Scorpio texts you and they like you, they'll respect what time of day it is and your schedule.
- A Scorpio will want to meet with you in private because they respect privacy and they want to share it with you.
- A Scorpio will be super excited to tell you things that are important to them. Like the fact that their sister is in town, that they got a new job, or that they are thinking about getting a puppy.
- A Scorpio will want to know and make sure that you are happy. They will want to support you.
- You'll find that the Scorpio is focused on only you and no longer communicates with other romantic interests.
- A Scorpio will keep their texts somewhat concise instead of sending whole novels to you. Over-texting can be overwhelming, and they are conscious of that.
- A Scorpio will text you when they think you look nice.
- A Scorpio will text you. Period.
- A Scorpio will mention movies they think you'll like.
- When Scorpio likes someone, they try to be really clear about it.
- They'll make sure to interact with you outside of texting.
Scorpios Know What They Want
When a Scorpio likes someone, they do what they can to make things happen. They are known for being physical, but they are also highly intelligent, emotional, and perceptive. This makes them get burnt out a lot. They sometimes give up entirely on finding someone they are compatible with.
All Scorpios are looking for someone who accepts them, lets them be, and encourages them. A Scorpio will offer you great loyalty, but if you cross them, they may cut the cord and move on — don’t play games of infidelity with them.
Read More From Pairedlife
A Scorpio loves a good mystery. They tend to latch on longer to those with great minds or interesting quirks. They don't really care for something too normal or too dry—they'll zone out and go into zombie mode.
Scorpio wants someone they can show off. They want someone who is both arm and mind candy, but they're not even sure if that kind of person exists. Scorpios can be some of the filthiest, downright sexually-crazed people you've ever met—think Deadpool—and they can also be a class act, like James Bond. Scorpios have a desire to take charge. Most of the Scorpios I know made the first move.
A Scorpio will want you. They'll want to know everything about you. This should be clear in their texts. They don't want you in pieces, they want to know everything, and they want to like everything. They want to know what makes you tick, why you are so kind, why you get so cranky at some random hour, and they want to know your personal philosophies. When matured, a Scorpio will look for a long-term partner that makes for a strong support system.
Make Sure They Like You for Who You Are Inside
When it comes to a Scorpio, or anyone for that matter, what is most important is that the number one reason they like you is your heart. I know it may seem silly, but your relationship together isn’t going to be strong enough if they only like you for your looks or your mind. They need to be interested in your heart.
Ask them why they like you and make sure they care about your heart; otherwise, you could end up heartbroken. We don’t care enough about hearts in our society — the number one cause of death in the western world is cardiac arrest. Examine your heart and free yourself of all the lies around you. It doesn’t matter how many people you date or how many romantic adventures you do in this world — allow your heart to be your top priority.
You need to love your heart first — everything else is a luxury. Otherwise, your body will wither, your mind will fade, and your personality will go flat. How you love, how you treat others, your kindness — that is what is important. There is no such thing as wisdom without kindness. The two are inseparable. Wisdom is a symptom of kindness. Without kindness, you are only shrewd.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
Questions & Answers
Question: Do Scorpios ignore you and then the next day seem interested in you?
Answer: Yes. I've witnessed it myself. They might be trying to play it cool. They might also be conflicted about where they stand with you. Scorpios will be interested and try to ignore it all at once.
© 2016 Andrea Lawrence