20 Signs a Leo Likes You
Does a Leo Like You?
It isn't always easy to tell if someone likes you, but Leos are more straightforward than most of us. There are a few ways you can definitely tell a Leo is interested in you.
Leo is a sign dominated by the energy of the sun. They wear their ego proudly. As the sign at the center of summer, they symbolize heat, passion, and excitement. Leos are not as shy and withdrawn as other signs. They also tend to like having life-long mates, and they want you to dote on them. Though a Leo might wait for you to make the first move, they'll probably flirt with you uninhibitedly or even flat out tell you that they like you.
What Element Is Leo?
Leo is a fire sign, controlled by a strong desire to make things happen. Fire symbolizes free will. Any zodiac pair can work together, but classical astrologers will tell you that the best match for a fire sign is a fire or air sign. Fire likes the spontaneity of thought wind signs have, and this inspires them.
You can find Leos in the thick of parties, strutting their stuff on the beach or at a fashion shows. They're often into athletics and are usually some of the more talkative people at your work meetings. In high school, they may have been the cool kid, the prep, or the jock—but also able to get along with the nerds. They are both social creatures and also homebodies. They make for great spouses and parents. They can have a nasty temper, but they have a nurturing backbone and will learn from their mistakes. They hate screwing things up because they hate hurting their ego. This makes them sensitive, which could get old for some partners.
20 Signs That a Leo Likes You
Need a quick checklist to see if a Leo is interested in you? Here are some of the ways a Leo will behave when they want your company and to get to know you.
- They actively pursue your company. They enjoy getting to know you and relish the chance to be in your presence.
- They seem really focused on you during a group outing.
- They are comfortable expressing their wacky, creative ideas to you.
- They go for the classic "move their hair behind their ear" trick.
- They show extreme enthusiasm towards seeing you.
- They'll attempt to make you feel special and pampered, and they'll expect the same treatment in return. They are not as cold as a Scorpio, who would be upset if you tried to pamper them and it wasn't genuine. Leo will be happy you're making any effort at all.
- They'll vent, mope, and whine to you so that you can comfort them.
- Spontaneous behavior. They may suddenly feel the need to take you on a walk. They may suddenly show up at your door. Or they may come over with a board game that they've just got to try.
- Even around a number of potential suitors, they'll stay focused on you, making you feel like you're the special one.
- They'll love discussing their nostalgia, with plenty of flashbacks, walks down memory lane, and good old-fashioned storytelling. They like to revisit memories they have had with you.
- They'll spend a great deal of time trying to make you laugh.
- They'll buy things for you—meals, concert tickets, whatever seems right to them at the time.
- They'll call you out of the blue.
- They'll do what they can to kiss you and make that special first kiss happen.
- They'll treat you like royalty. They want to give you the life you deserve.
- They'll call you up for a weekend adventure.
- They have a great deal of visions and possibilities for what they want to do with you.
- They are constantly looking out for you in little ways.
- You'll should feel some kind of sexual tension in the air.
- They'll try to create closeness. They'll be right next to you. They're trying to figure you out and make you feel comfortable at the same time.
Leos Commonly Want Strong, Long-Lasting Partnerships
Leo wants to make a relationship happen—this is part of being a fire sign. Due to being a fixed sign, they also want to keep the relationship going for as long as possible. They don't want to let the fire die and are stubborn for love. They are stubborn partners and stubborn parents. They want to raise and send their children out into the world, while smothering them with love. As a spouse, you can bet you will be smothered as well.
Think about summer and you essentially have a Leo. They like vacations, lounging, and feel constricted by clothes. They like a chill summer jam and they want to live their life instead of being cooped up at home, watching TV. A Leo needs to go out into the world and make things happen.
They also need to feel like they are the center of attention. They need someone who can jive with this. Someone who has little ambition and no direction in life won't interest a Leo for long. You could get swept up in the life and craziness of a Leo, but you need to be strong, able to stand your ground and have your own unique rhythm. Leo doesn't want a doormat and doesn't want to be a doormat either.
Leos Are Gryffindors
You can expect a great deal of variety in the presence of a Leo. Sometimes they get themselves into very odd trouble. In a lot of ways, Leos are Gryffindors. Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley all act like typical Leos because they are a part of the house of fire. You can expect mischief, bravery, a love of others, and an impressive speed and gamut of knowledge. They also tend to make for the best quidditch players, so keep in mind they tend to like to exercise. The whole Weasley family prides itself on ambition, hard work, and not necessarily money. They all lead interesting lives, whether it be taming dragons or facing bank run by goblins. If you want to date a Gryffindor in real life, date a Leo. Aries and Sagittarius are also fire signs, but their quest for zeal and wonder is a tad different. Aries is a tornado of energy, while Sagittarius is a mix of maturity, whimsicalness, and creativity.
Leos are eager to please. They may give up entirely if they feels that their needs are not being met. They don't like to stick around for things that they find uninteresting nor get caught up in something they find nefarious or unethical. They often have a noble heart and a kind spirit. They may want to help homeless, give to charity, or give away their belongings to others in need. They tend to love animals, the great outdoors, and going on road trips or adventures. They might appear as hippies or even as geniuses in disguise.
Leo Cheat Sheet
July 23 – August 22
Heart or Mind?
Sun or Moon?
Yin or Yang?
Leos Make for a Warm, Tender Relationship
You should feel a certain amount of warmth in a relationship with a Leo. This is a sign that is prone to picking a trophy wife or husband. They want to look good to others, feel like they are succeeding, and have someone to show off. They are usually charismatic, bring energy to a room, and instinctively get into leadership roles. If you are a strong leader yourself, you may butt heads with the Leo. They tend to like this, and can get into heated arguments just for the sake of it.
A Leo wants the mood to feel right and for you to feel at ease. They want to seem strong and like a force to reckon with—however, they'll also want you to dote all over them when they are weak. If you want a Leo, you need to learn how to stroke their ego. They want someone who is with them, and not against them. Don't cut into a Leo's ego too deeply. The wounds dig deep, and they may resent you for it. Be conscious of how you treat your Leo and how it affects them. Show them you have a gentle side and are nonthreatening. You might feel like a Leo is asking too much of you, but they're really just passionate and want each day to be more amazing than the last.
You're likely to find a good friend in a Leo, and also have an interesting life with them. They don't do well when they feel caged in—they want to go places. In this regard, an Aquarius is a good match, because they are also social and don't like being caged. Also, they both are fairly unique, weird, and original signs. They love some excitement, and they can both relate to being signs from very distinct times of the year—the dead of summer and the dead of winter.
Leo doesn't like mind games. They want to confront things head-on. Sure, they love metaphors, but they want clear communication. You shouldn't be doubting their love— it should be clear, deep, and wide. They want a love that knows no boundaries, one that includes all the bizarre and random aspects of life.
Questions & Answers
Will a Capricorn woman and a Leo man fall in love? How can a Capricorn woman know that a Leo man loves her?
All 78 combinations of the zodiac can work.
Yes, a Capricorn and a Leo can fall in love.
Leo has pretty straightforward signs when they like someone. They have a large ego and like to be heard and seen.
When they are interested:
1. They will make their presence known. You will see them, hear from them, and they will touch you.
2. A Leo will try to do everything they can for you. They will try to impress you in a number of ways, so you see them as the best.
3. They may hold back a little if they are unsure if you like them.
4. A high amount of charisma will come from them.
5. Dressing up.
6. Driving fast.
7. Showing that they are confident.
8. They'll become generous.Helpful 177
What does it mean if a Leo chases you for a long time?
He's smitten.Helpful 91
The Leo that I am interested in is a bit distant. He shows interest by calling randomly. Does this mean he is into me? I only met him three weeks ago, and I'm not sure. Is he the one?
Whoa! You only met him three weeks ago? I think you need to calm down on whether he is "the one." Consider the kind of conversations you have on the phone. Do they seem clinical, like he is just trying to pay bills? Or do they get more personal?Helpful 98
Does an Aquarius woman and a Leo man work well together?
All 78 zodiac romantic combinations are possible. Aquarius and Leo are direct opposites of each other. They are both strong personalities. They will find themselves attracted to each other because in being opposite... they can also feel the same. Both are fixed signs, so you have two very stubborn personalities. Leo will be impressed by the amazing brains of Aquarius, and Aquarius will be impressed with Leo and the chance for amazing things to happen. The two will definitely enjoy each other. These two often trail off into their own world of jokes, imagination, and exploration.Helpful 92
© 2017 Andrea Lawrence