Signs a Leo Likes You
Does a Leo Like You?
It isn't always easy to tell someone likes you. Leos might be more straightforward than some of us. There are some ways you can definitely tell one is interested in you. A Leo is a sign dominated by the energy of the sun. They wear their ego on their chest proudly. They deal with heat, passion, and excitement as the sign at the center of summer. Leos are not as shy and withdrawn as other signs, they tend to really like life-long mates, and they want you to dote on them. A Leo is waiting for you to give the signal, but they definitely will outright flirt, even flat out say they like you.
Leo is a fire sign, controlled by a strong desire to make things happen. Fire is the wheelhouse for free will. There are ways to make any zodiac pair work together, but classical astrologers will tell you the best match for a fire sign is a fire or air sign. Fire likes the spontaneity of thought wind signs have, and this inspires them. You can find Leos in the thick of parties, strutting on beaches or fashion shows, into athletics, and some of the bigger and more talkative people in your work meetings. In high school, they may have been the cool kid, the prep, or the jock -- but also able to blend in with the nerds. They are social creatures and also homebodies. They make for great spouses and parents. They can have a nasty temper, but they have a nurturing backbone and will learn from their mistakes. They hate screwing things up because they hate hurting their ego. This could get old for some partners, but Leo can be sensitive due to their ego.
Signs that a Leo Likes You
Need a quick checklist to see if a Leo is interested in you? Here are some of the tried and true ways of the Leo when they want to be in your company and get to know you.
- They actively pursue your company. They enjoy getting to know you and relish in the chance to be in your presence.
- They seem really focused on you during a group outing.
- They are comfortable expressing their more wacky, creative ideas.
- They go for the classic move the hair behind the ear trick.
- Extreme enthusiasm.
- They'll attempt to make you feel special and pampered. They expect the same treatment in return. They are not as cold as a Scorpio who would be upset if you tried to pamper them and it wasn't genuine. Leo will be happy you're making any effort at all.
- They'll vent to you, mope, and whine in order for you to comfort them.
- Spontaneous behavior. They may suddenly feel the need to take you on a walk. They may suddenly show up at your door. Or they may come over with a board game that they must try.
- Even around a number of potential suitors, they keep focus on you, giving you the nod that you're the special one.
- Nostalgia. Plenty of flashbacks, walks down memory lane, and good old fashioned story telling. They like to revisit memories they have had with you.
- A great deal of trying to make you laugh.
- Buying things for you. Meals, concert tickets. Whatever seems right to them at the time.
- Calling you out of the blue.
- Doing what they can to kiss you and make that special first kiss happen.
- Treating you like royalty. They want to give you the life you deserve.
- Calling you up for a weekend adventure.
- Having a great deal of visions and possibilities for what they want to do with you.
- Constantly looking out for you in little ways.
- You should feel some kind of sexual tension in the air.
- Closeness. They'll be right next to you. They're trying to figure you out and make you feel comfortable at the same time.
Leos Commonly Want Strong, Long-Lasting Partnerships
Leo wants to make a relationship happen. This is part of being a fire sign, and due to being a fixed sign, they also want to keep the relation going for as long as possible. They're not into letting the fire die. They are stubborn for love. They are stubborn partners and stubborn parents. They want to raise and send their children out into the world, and also keep them and smother them. As a spouse, you can bet you will be smothered.
Consider what summer has to offer and you essentially have a Leo. They like vacations and lounging, they feel constricted by clothes, they like a summer jam that's mellow and goes with the flow, and they want to live. Not be cooped up at home watching TV. A Leo needs to go out into the world and make things happen. They need to feel like they are the center of attention and you can trust them. They need someone who can jive with this. Someone who has little ambition and no direction in life won't interest a Leo for long. You could get swept up in the life and craziness of a Leo, but you need to be strong, able to stand your ground, and also have your own unique way. Leo doesn't want a doormat; Leo doesn't want to be a doormat either.
Leos Are Gryffindors
You can expect a great deal of variety when in the presence of a Leo. Sometimes they get themselves into very odd trouble. In a lot of ways, Leos are Gryffindors. Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley all act like typical Leos because they are apart of the house of fire. You can expect mischief, bravery, love of others, and an impressive speed and gamut to knowledge. They also tend to make for the best quidditch players, so keep in mind they tend to like to exercise. The whole Weasley family prides itself on ambition, hard work and not necessarily money. They all lead interesting lives whether taming dragons or taking on a bank run by goblins. If you want to date a Gryffindor in real life, date a Leo. Aries and Sagittarius are also fire signs, but their quest for zeal and wonder is a tad different. Aries is a tornado of energy to get things started, Sagittarius is a mix of maturity, whimsicalness, and creativity.
Leo is eager to please. It may give up entirely if it feels its needs are not being met. It doesn't like to stick around for things it finds uninteresting nor get caught up in something they find nefarious or unethical. They often have a noble heart and a kind spirit. They may want to find the homeless, give to charity, or give away items they have to others in need. They tend to love animals, be in the outdoors, and go on road trips or adventures. They might appear like hippies or geniuses in disguise.
Leo Cheat Sheet
July 23 – August 22
Warm, Tender Relationship
You should feel a certain amount of warmth in a Leo relationship. This is a sign that is prone to picking a trophy wife or husband. They do want to look good to others, feel like they are succeeding and have someone to show off. They are usually charismatic, bring energy to a room, and instinctively get into leadership roles. If you are a strong leader yourself, you may butt heads with the Leo. They tend to like this, and can get into heated arguments for the sake of it.
A Leo wants the mood to feel right, and also for you to feel at ease. They want to seem strong and a force to reckon with, they want you to dote all over them when they are weak. If you want a Leo, you need to learn how to stroke their ego. They want someone who is with them, and not against them. Don't cut into a Leo ego too deeply. The wounds dig deep and they may resent you for it. Be conscious of how you treat your Leo and how it affects them. Show them you have a gentle side and are not threatening. You might feel like a Leo is asking too much of you. But they're really just excited and want each day to be more amazing than the last.
You're likely to find a good friend in a Leo, and also have an interesting life as you stand with them. They don't do well feeling caged in, they want to go places. In this regard, an Aquarius is a good match, because they are also social and don't like being caged into a box. Also, they both are fairly unique, weird, and original signs. They love some excitement, and they can relate to both being signs from very distinct times of the year -- the dead of summer and the dead of winter. Or rather, summer is the life of the party (Leo), and then the dead of winter (Aquarius).
Leo doesn't like head games. They want to confront things head on. Sure, they love metaphors, but they want clear communication. You shouldn't be doubting their love -- it should be clear, deep, and wide. They want a love that knows no boundaries, one that includes all the bizarre random things of life.