Andrea loves to write about the zodiac and research astrological compatibility. She's been an online writer for over five years.
Signs a Cancer Likes You
When a Cancer is interested in someone, they want to give their mind, heart, soul, and body. They're one of the easier ones to read, in all honesty, because they wear their heart on their sleeve.
A Cancer by instinct wants to show love and be loved. They want the reassurance of a good partner, they want to go into the depths of how things feel, they're poets, they're dreamers, and they're incredible people to have near you. They can veer into the dark and appear crabby, but their process of finding meaning in this world is much valued. Cancer has a lot of maternal energy, as Cancer is kind of like a pregnant mother—who holds the energy of the next year in its body. I see Aries, Taurus, and Gemini as Cancer's children. The other signs just happen to get lost in the bunch.
So I think some of the mysteries of Cancer can be solved by looking at how young parents love their young. They're willing to make sacrifices, they put a lot of energy toward bonding, they will nag you into doing what is right for your body, and they are moved easily by your emotions. If you are sad, angry, or happy, this will influence a Cancer who wants to ultimately create a sense of calm, peace, and love.
Cancers can be dramatic—they can feel the most wounded of the bunch, and perhaps that's because they allow and connect really well with Scorpio.
Scorpio is known to sting those that cross them. Cancer has expectations about what is love, and they are willing to make their emotions and voice heard. Part of why these two connect so well is because they put a lot of priority on intimacy and sexual connection. They often become possessive of people they like—and want to feel like they are merging with another person.
Some signs a Cancer likes you:
- They dress to impress. They want you to notice their outfit and for you to make a comment about it. Notice a new hairstyle, new clothes, a new scent? Maybe they've taken up a strange hobby to get your attention, like sock modeling.
- Cancers love to gossip. If they're telling you about their other people, that means you have an in. Their sharing of details is a way of expressing themselves. But Cancers—don't share private details of Scorpio, unless you are wanting to start a fight. Scorpios are highly private people, and prefer to keep it that way.
- They'll be flirtatious with you, openly. Cancer loves to express itself through flirtations. This can maybe make them tricky to read if they're flirting with everybody. Cancer can easily like multiple at once. But when they really love someone, they're glued to them. A Cancer ultimately wants devotion.
- Long dates, long chats, long phone calls. Anything to spend time and connect with you. Think long amount of time, long and drawn out things—they need lots of time to help build intimacy. You may feel it's slightly possessive or even manipulative, but having you close gives them confidence. Cancer isn't a fan of long distance relationships. Water signs are not great at long distance relationships, and would prefer to let others signs take the lead here.
- A home-cooked meal, cleaning your house for you, or spending time helping you organize something that is out of control.
- Reaching out and touching you. Long walks holding hands, long hugs, long embraces, long kisses. You get the picture. Cancer wants to take care of you, and Cancer wants you to lean on them for support—not someone else. This is a type of person that will expend their resources on you, so they expect you not to turn to someone else for similar resources.
- They'll send you flirty messages and pictures to see if you'll join in the fun. Cancers can both be shy, and also super forward. It depends on the energy they're getting from you. So they can easily clam up, or be a seductress dancing on a table. They want to go with the flow of the mood.
- Long heartfelt letters. This is someone who gushes and can be excessively romantic.
- Inviting you to their favorite places. Cancer wants you to fully understand them. They don't hide secrets, they are in the open. It's amazing how Cancer is so open as a water sign, and Scorpio masks itself from the preying eyes of others.
- Making a playlist of their favorite songs for you. If they make a playlist and it all sounds emotional, they probably want you to get the feels.
- Making sure to stay close to your side, sitting by you, grooming you a little here and there. Got a stray eyelash? Got some animal hair on your coat? Got a strange wardrobe malfunction? Cancer will try to fix it for you. They want you to look sharp, and they don't want you to be embarrassed.
- Taking you out to a nice dating spot. With a picnic basket, fancy French bread, and some wine. Cancer has a wild side, so they might bring a few wine bottles.
- Look at their eyes—are they full of a thousand bright fairies that look like they could explode at any moment? Then they like you. Don't worry too much about those fairies, they'll be okay.
- Again, Cancer likes to parent people who interest them. Oddly enough, Scorpio is looking for someone who has parental-like expressions and can make them feel as though there is some structure. Perhaps this kind of connection is why this coupling is so popular—and successful.
- If Cancer likes you, they'll reach out and touch you. They won't be shy about the touch barrier. They won't be shy to hello and try to catch your attention.
- Cancers love to peacock—impress the people around them, look like the beautiful one, or charm their way through to the VIP section.
Remember to Give Gifts
Cancer will like someone who cares about other people, who recognizes their emotions, and someone who likes physical touch. Cancer needs reciprocation. They need reassurance from their partner that things are going well, that they are loved, appreciated, and accepted for their worth. A Cancer doesn't bode well for someone who will walk all over them, disregard emotions, and not take pleasure. If you can't respect emotions or be emotional, you will likely run into heated fights. Cancer is sensitive and can feel hurt if you are not putting in an effort.
Cancer needs you to care about romance. You need to remember anniversaries and birthdays. You need to think about gifts in advance. Make a spreadsheet and do some organization, so you always having a running brainstorm list to prepare for those expected gift days.
The dates you should remember for gift giving:
- Wedding anniversary
- Valentine's Day
- Revisiting the first date
- First date anniversary
- First kiss
- Children's birthdays
Cancer Needs Emotional Connection
Cancer loves animals and will likely be an animal whisperer. If they have a pet, they expect you to get along with it. Cancer wants you to care about those close to it. The fourth sign can be demanding about how much time you need to invest in them. They want you to love them like no one has ever captured you. They want you to understand and jive with their emotions. They want you to go high when they are high, and they want you to go low when they are low.
*If emotions are not your thing, Cancer will not be a good fit for you. This is someone who wants to be charmed, to have a little bit of drama, and to have a loving, adoring family.
© 2018 Andrea Lawrence
Blessing on May 24, 2020:
Emily on May 10, 2020:
This was so entertaining to read...I was laughing cuz I’m a cancer
Yeshelle on November 13, 2019:
Keshely on October 18, 2019:
Yeshella on August 28, 2019:
Ooof on April 08, 2018: