Signs That a Cancer Man Is Interested in You
Before I get started and take you into the depths of a Cancer man's psyche, I must first make sure you are aware that I can only give you knowledge from my own personal experiences. I have been attracted to Cancer men throughout my life, so I consider myself as having a decent level of knowledge on the subject, but I certainly don't know "everything".
And when you add to the fountain of information that you also need to be aware of your man's Moon and Rising signs (at least), there is a ton of info that will forever be lacking from this article. Still, I hope you enjoy it!
Signs, Signs . . . Everywhere There Are Signs
- He Wants You to Meet the Family—Cancer is THE family sign of the zodiac, and you can be sure your Cancer man is into you when he brings you home to meet the family
- His Mom Likes You—If his mom likes you (or at least pretends she does), then you're in. A man with Cancer in his sun holds his mother in high regards, even if he doesn't talk about her that way. So make sure that whatever you do, you work to get on and stay on her good side.
- He Talks—Cancer men, in my experience, are notorious for being able to keep their deeper sides to themselves. They lock those deeper emotions into a neat and crusty shell in the bottom of the sea, where no one can pry into them. Though my experience has also shown me that if your Cancer man does let you see inside, even just a peek, he's definitely interested in you.
- He Loves Your Cooking—The irony here is that although Cancer signs are well-known for being the foodies of the zodiac, when a Cancer sign is in love, they think your cooking is extra special—even if McDonald's would throw it out. It's the ingredient of your love that makes it extra special for them.
- He's Cooked for You—Due to the traditional thought that it should be "women in the kitchen", Cancer men don't cook as often as they really should. It's great for them on a very spiritual level; however, like their deeper emotions, they don't go there often unless a powerful event or person moves them to do so.
- You're His Number 3—This is an interesting thing to think about. I say "#3", because Cancer men usually have at least a kid or two by the time they are in their early 20s, and because they are so loyal, that means they will usually still have a strong bond or at least a sense of responsibility to their kids' mom. They don't want to be the "bad guy" in anyone's eye, which can often push new loves away. But really, if you're number 3, you're doing fantastic in your Cancer man's eyes.
- He Gets Jealous—Contrary to what I've seen as "popular belief", Cancer men are not naturally the jealous type. However, when they feel truly connected to their partner, they will pull out the pinchers to protect that connection whenever they feel it's necessary.
- His Actions Speak Louder Than Words—Yes, it's true, most Cancer men are poetic in their own ways, though not all of them are that way with words, so if you're not "hearing" it directly from their mouths, check their actions. Cancer men in love will do little things for you whenever they can, like cleaning the house or buying you a little gift here and there. They will hug you when you get home, and they'll make sure to kiss you before you leave each other's sight.
Questions & Answers
Do men with Cancer Sun Sign often buy gifts for every woman they know casually, or only for the one they're interested romantically?
This is one of those times I'm gonna have to say "Yes" AND "No". Some Cancer men do genuinely enjoy gift giving to anyone they like; whether a co-worker, casual friendships, or deeper relationship; and often for Cancer's, giving their Time is a "gift" also. Though there are equally as many Cancer sun's, who aren't so keen on gift giving as a general personality trait, and whom only do so when they are speaking their "love language" & are showing they are interested in more than just casual friendship (which can happen subconsciously/unconsciously as well as intentionally). In order to have a better idea if your Cancer Guy is flirting or just being nice cause he likes to be nice, I would look at his Rising Sign, Venus Sign & South Node of the Moon signs; then I would compare how he treats women in his life whom are not his "type" romantically or whom are just friends that he's known a long time; if his rising, venus & south nodes are in social signs (like gemini, libra, etc...) andor he gives gifts to almost everybody he interacts with (regardless of gender), then it's likely he just enjoys gift giving and the good feeling that comes from making someone else's day (which is a big Cancerian drive), and likewise on the opposite side, if he doesn't have a lot of "social" or extroverted sign placements and he only seems to give gifts to women & only those who fit his "type", then he is more likely flirting with them.
I would also look at whether or not he's open, honest & direct with you when you ask him about why he gives gifts to these women (assuming you have asked him about it directly, calmly and with judgment already; which you should do if you haven't). When he's in a good mood and isn't hungry, try calmly and playfully asking something like, "Hey, I've noticed lately that you've been enjoying giving gifts to some of your friends, and it seems like you're mostly doing that with certain "lady" friends; have you noticed that pattern also? And are there any intimate feelings budding with any of them?", then observe his physical and verbal reactions; if he gets tense, gives you non-answers, doesn't start sharing his feelings, gets angry, suddenly needs to leave the room, says your just "reading into things", etc... then he's not standing in his truth in that moment, and likely feels ashamed that he has feelings for others & doesn't want to disappoint you or potentially face the consequences of deeper actions he's taken beyond gift giving.
Alternatively, if he tells you how it makes him feel (Cancer's motto is "I Feel"); like how it makes him feel good to give gifts to others, and why he felt like those individuals deserved a gift of the moment (maybe one or two had a bad day, or maybe one of them likes unicorns and he happened to see a unicorn cup when he was out buying groceries for dinner with you, or maybe one of them just got promoted, etc...). Gift giving on it's own, shouldn't be cause for concern, especially with a Cancer. It's gift-giving in combination with sneaky behaviors, heightened negative mood swings, evasive andor ambiguous communication tactics, or other indications of duplicity or agreed upon forms of infidelity/disloyalty, that indicate gift giving might be a valid red flag.Helpful 8