A Scorpio Man in Love - How He Behaves
This hub comes from my personal experience. I am a Scorpio man, and I have often wondered, “What is an average Scorpio man like in love? How do most of us express love?” Most people are familiar with the general characteristics of a Scorpio man when he is in love. Some of these traits are possessiveness, jealousy and controlling behavior. Though I am shy, I am not sure if “shy” is one of the characteristics.
But first, a general introduction of a Scorpio guy through the eyes of a Scorpio.
How to Spot a Scorpio Man
- He's reserved: The Scorpio guy can be silent on the outside but has a deep well of emotions within. If you see a guy at a party sitting in the corner quietly observing everything, he is probably your Scorpio man. Not that he is antisocial; he just likes privacy even in a social setting. At the same time, this isn't a foolproof clue; after all, some Scorpio men are very social (I am one of these).
- He's opinionated: if you really want to spot a Scorpio guy, talk to him about anything occult and wait for his reaction. You will immediately know whether he is a Scorpio or not. Most of the Scorpios I have met have strong beliefs (positive or negative) and are passionate about expressing them. In fact, a Scorpio male has at least some basic knowledge and strong feelings about most of the subjects under the sun.
- His gaze is intense: Another way to identify a Scorpio is to look deep into his eyes. As the cliché goes, you will probably feel like your soul is being stripped bare. Chances are that you may even get extremely attracted to him. As a Scorpio, I have gotten these reactions from my friends, the girls I have dated and my female colleagues.
A Scorpio Guy in Love and Relationships
There are various contentions here about how a Scorpio guy behaves when he is in love. One thing to know for sure is that flirting with you does not mean he has feelings for you. I, for one, openly flirt with many girls, but I make it quite clear to them that it doesn’t mean anything other than that we are good friends. It is said that Scorpio guys do not fall in love easily unless the girl has some mystery around her. I can definitely vouch for that. I have only fallen for girls with an aura of mystery or power. But what happens if he does fall in love? How does he behave then?
Again, from my personal experience, once the guy falls for someone, there is no returning. He falls for her, and he falls hard. The first thing I noticed is that he starts going out of his way to do things for her. Now, this may be a general characteristic of most of the male species in the animal kingdom in order to attract the female. However, the second thing is not done by most of them. Once he is in love, he also starts becoming possessive.
Like a spider, a Scorpio will slowly start weaving a net around his beloved. If he sees that the game is a bit more challenging than he thought, he may even start becoming manipulative in order to make sure that she belongs to him. The bottom line is that he can go to any extreme to make sure she stays with him forever.
How Does He Express Love?
Now, the biggest question is this. How does a Scorpio express his love to the woman he likes? Frankly speaking, this is the toughest question for me as I still do not have one single answer for this.
I believe most Scorpio men fall into two categories when expressing love.
- One kind finds it too hard to express their love. I fall into this category. I am kind of shy and though I have dated many girls in my life, I have expressed love only to a couple of them. It was not because I didn’t like some of the others. I was just either too shy in expressing it or a bit too slow.
- The second type of Scorpio just goes for it. One reason might be that Scorpios don’t like losing anything. Call them selfish, but if they like something, they start thinking that it belongs to them. This should not be taken in a negative way. It is simply that a Scorpio knows what kind of woman he wants and when he finds her, he cannot afford to lose her. So, if he has the confidence to jump right in, that's what he'll do.
For Scorpios, most things in life are games and battles they should win at any cost. They just cannot afford to lose. It may be said that, if the girl says no, it is a defeat for the Scorpio ego, which is difficult to handle. Like many people, Scorpios who don't express their interest are afraid of rejection. But if they can make it past that barrier, a Scorpio will be in for keeps. Remember, I told you that a Scorpio man does not fall in love easily? Once he does, he does not let go.
Hot and Cold: Your Scorpio Guy
I keep getting queries from people who are with a Scorpio and confused about his behavior. They ask questions such as: "My Scorpio guy acts hot and cold" or "He just stopped talking to me for two weeks. Why?" To clear things up, I thought that it would be good to mention some of the traits you may encounter if you are considering a relationship with a Scorpio.
- Mood swings: A Scorpio guy can have frequent mood swings. This is not necessarily because he has PMS issues. He just gets overwhelmed easily. He keeps thinking about 10 different things at one moment, and he needs to focus on all of them but can only manage one at a time. He feels that he is always in the eye of the storm. That is one reason why he may be all over you one moment, and the next moment act completely distant. Even while talking to you, he may suddenly think of something else he needs to handle. A Scorpio's mind never rests.
- Focus: A Scorpio in general needs to focus on one thing at a time. For him, difficulties are problems to be solved with undivided attention. That's the reason he may prefer not to talk to you for some time (because he is trying to solve something with extreme focus). Don't always interpret his silence as "he is upset with me."
- Reluctance to commit: A Scorpio is not a person who rushes into a true relationship. You two may hit it off immediately, but it takes effort and diligence to prove yourself as his soulmate. Of course, once he believes you are "the one" he will be extremely loyal. The only reason he may commit adultery is if he thinks that you are not the right one.
- Sensitivity: Scorpio men should come with a special tag called "Handle with care." He has a tough shell on the outside, but he is extremely sensitive inside. You don't always know what will hurt his feelings. So, be extremely careful when you talk to him, especially if you are having a heated conversation.
Advice on Dating a Scorpio
Relationships with a Scorpio can be intensely passionate. Once you crack that "tough guy" shell, there are few star signs more devoted or loyal in love. However, there's a dark side to that loyalty: Scorpio men can also be jealous and oppressive partners. Here is some advice on how to handle a relationship with a Scorpio man.
- Be honest: Avoid playing games. I am not discouraging you from playing the initial courtship games but don't take it too far. If you have given him your word, stick to it. Scorpio men seldom trust anyone, and not keeping your word is the easiest way to lose his trust.
- Be assertive: A Scorpio is dominating and possessive in a relationship. Don't let him get away with this behavior. He respects a woman who can hold her ground and does not give in easily. Be confident, and stand up for yourself and your needs.
- Be wary of manipulative behavior: A Scorpio man is a master of mind games and manipulation. If you hurt him deeply, he may even make "destroying you" or "teaching a lesson" the sole purpose of his life. There are very few who have evolved beyond a point of vengeance. If a person is stalking you, he most probably has a Scorpio element somewhere in his birth chart.
- Don't worry if you don't always understand him: His behavior may sometimes seem pretty weird. We are not very good at explaining our reasons for doing things, and he probably has something in mind which he is not talking about. It is extremely difficult to understand what goes on inside a Scorpio's brain. If you don't get it, let him explain eventually, on his own terms.
This advice is mostly from my personal experience. Feel free to let me know what other Scorpios or someone who has an experience with a Scorpio male thinks about it.
All Scorpios are not the same. After all, there are different levels to which a Scorpio has evolved. To get a clearer picture of what may be the level of evolution of your Scorpio guy, check out my article on totems of a Scorpio.
Are you dating a Scorpio man?
Questions & Answers
Why does a Scorpio man tell me he wants just a physical relationship, and has no strong feelings and no strings attached? I told him that I love him and want a serious relationship. Would he ever fall in love with me if I accept the physical relationship with him?
It really depends on what the Scorpio guy wants. A physical relationship may not necessarily translate to love in his case.Helpful 116
My boyfriend of 4 months is a Scorpio, it's been intense from the beginning. He tells me that he's falling in love with me, that he loves me, and misses me or is looking forward to seeing me, though. At least once a week he feels the need to remind me that he does NOT want to be in a relationship, but doesn't want to lose me. I never once pushed him for a relationship, I love him. But I'm so confused and not sure if I'm coming or going?
If he is absolutely sure about his love, he WILL make a move. Till then, you may have to wait patiently.Helpful 96
I fell in love with a Scorpio man, the shy kind. I recently found out he is married, but his wife lives out of the country. I am so mad he didn’t tell me. What should I do?
Tell him that he kept it a secret and move out of the relationship.Helpful 68
My Scorpio boyfriend and I have just parted ways on good terms. He wants to focus on his health and work issues; I agreed, and we parted friendly! He says he cares a lot about me and I am all these wonderful things under the sun. Will he come back, or is it a move on situation?
I would say don't keep your hopes too high. If he comes back, great! If he doesn't, then move on. See if you can afford to give him some time to get his stuff sorted. If not, then better to take care of your own stuff.Helpful 51
Will a Scorpio commit to marriage?
Yes, but only if he/she is absolutely sure.Helpful 42