Andrea has been an online writer for 8+ years. She mostly writes about dating, couples, weddings, travel, interior design, and gardening.
Leo and Virgo Compatibility
Leo and Virgo have a unique spark that helps them connect with each other for the long haul. They work well together.
- Signs born in the same season, consecutive signs, or neighbor signs tend to pair well together. Leo is the 5th sign of the zodiac; Virgo is the 6th.
- Usually, signs that appear next to each other in have some familiarity.
- Usually, the sign with the higher number has qualities that the previous one doesn't.
Leo is a fire sign. They are known for their big ego, leadership qualities, and as the champion of others.
Virgo is an earth sign. They are known for their scholarship, introverted ways, and perfectionism.
- In a sense, Leo acts as a royal and Virgo acts as the highest advisor.
- Leo will get things started; Virgo will see to it that projects are finished.
- Virgos beat themselves up over unfinished projects.
Both signs occur in the summer. They’re used to heated discussions, passion, and intensity. They like to lay things out in the open, they expect some rain and conflict, and they're constantly thinking about where to go next. Both have some serious wanderlust.
Leo's Romantic Needs
Above all, Leo needs someone who will pamper them.
- They like compliments, gifts, hugs, and time spent on them.
- They will constantly need reassurance. They like being told they're right.
- Their partner must fan the flames of their ego.
- They are loyal, are committed, and family-centered.
- They only stray if they have an existential crisis, or they feel their needs haven’t been met.
Leo wants to be the center of someone’s world. For many, this is cloying and somewhat patronizing. Leo wants to be a dominate force in their partner's life. They’ll want to shower you with gifts, take you to places, and put you on a pedestal.
He will believe in your dreams and see to it that your dreams come true. Leo is the fixed sign of fire—the element is a symbol for free-will. Leo is all about manifesting dreams and visions. This sign is magical and powerful. They believe with all their heart in possibility. The Leo believes in his partner and will try to help them accomplish their goals.
Leos do not do well to sit and wait. The Leo can be impatient because they want action to happen. Leo isn't someone who sits on the sidelines or the bench. A Leo wants to be active in reality. The Leo wants to make their partner come alive. The Leo takes it as a great privilege to get a person out of her shell.
They live for challenges. They love complicated partners with wild visions and trying to make it work. Leos thrive in settings with lots of people. Leos tend to be extroverted or at least social. Introverted Leos treasure their friendships and family to a high degree. Introverted Leos are full to the brim with ideas that they want to make happen. Introverted Leos make for incredibly intelligent people capable of bringing great change into the world. They have creative minds and unusual quirks.
An introverted Leo will look for a partner that makes them feel alive and is willing to hear about their craziest of ideas.
- Leo doesn’t do well in a slow paced relationship. When they say they like you, they expect and demand for a response.
- They’ll get bored with too much consistency or not enough room to grow and play. They hate working all the time.
- They’re charged by exciting ideas and people.
- Leo wants variety, a life full to the brim, and a great deal of fun.
- They’re loud, noticeable, vibrant, slightly crazy, and ambitious.
Virgo's Romantic Needs
A Virgo wants a perfect partner. Virgos are excellent managers of resources. They do not simply fall in love. They like to be on their own, carving their own path, and believe deeply in creating a better world. Virgos often have chivalry, which is appealing to Leos who want to be pampered and complimented.
Virgos can treat Leos the way they want, and Virgo will find it appealing to meet the needs of their partner.
What does Virgo want in a relationship?
- Someone who respects their time.
- A smart, sophisticated relationship that's well-grounded in traditions, charm, and allure.
- Someone who isn't careless.
- A relationship where they can get their work done with ease.
- Someone who appreciates them for their hard work, their ways, their quirks, and even their weak points.
- Virgos last with someone smart.
- Virgos want someone who accepts chivalry. They love manners.
- Virgos need someone who meets (and exceeds) their crazy high standards.
Virgo is known as the most single and independent of the signs. A Virgo can go ages without falling in love or having a partner. The Virgo will still want his or her independence while in the relationship.
The best scenario with a Leo and Virgo is that the Leo has enough items on his list to stay busy and occupy his time with ideas that must be manifested — while the Virgo has enough time to sort through and perfect what is before them. Virgo is an earth sign which means it is resourceful, practical, and logical. Earth signs are in their five senses. They’re great at working with their hands, managing finances, and taking the tried and true approach.
Virgos thrive off a mix of eccentric whims and traditions. Virgos are some of the smartest people with the grit to become scholars, professors, and lawyers. A Virgo does well to facilitate and organize the dreams and whims of the Leo. Leo has boundless energy while Virgo has a never ending need to sort, perfect, and create in the physical realm.
These two have very similar end goals; however, they come about it in different ways.
A Leo and Virgo Relationship
Leo sits on the throne while Virgo leads the classroom. Leo gets things started while Virgo finishes it. Leo has the free-will while Virgo has the practicality to see things through. Leo is intense as it is guided by the middle of summer; Virgo is more relaxed as the sign leads into fall.
- Leo will amuse Virgo. They'll also occasionally annoy them.
- Virgo likes all the energy and warmth of the lion.
- Leo wants to play. Virgo wants to work.
- Leo is passionate. Virgo is sensual.
- The Virgo can trust Leo to be a good companion and parent.
- Virgo will charm the Leo with her excellent manners.
- Leo will find the pampering it wants.
- Virgo knows how to reassure the Leo and give them the comforts of a steady life.
- These two can last for the long haul. They also make for good parents.
- They like trying new things, they most likely have an affinity for nature, and desire a better world.
Due to their proximity on the Zodiac chart, they have a certain kindred connection. Earlier signs (1-4) tends to be more immature, ready to go, and brazen. The middle signs (5-8) are a little more mature, but still have some of that youthful, crazy energy. The latter signs (9-12) are wise and slower to act.
Leo is 5 and Virgo is 6. They’re in a spot that’s great for family building, with a slight amount of maturity. They know they need to work hard, they still have hope for humanity, and they see the sunny side of things.
- Leo and Virgo pairings are fairly common.
- Leo is charmed by Virgo’s brains and beauty while Virgo is charmed by Leo’s energy, humor, and attitude.
Leo and Virgo at a Quick Glance
July 23 and August 22
August 23 and September 22
House of Cards
Inspired by ideas and people, champion of others, loud, generally extroverted, social, friendly, competitive, bold, courageous, direct, noticeable, talker, energetic.
Perfectionist, charming, scholastic, smart, sharp, independent, hard worker, logical, sensible, in their senses, calculated, chivalry.
Mundane events, lack of energy, boredom, jerks, people who are mean to the less fortunate, insults, no way out, no way to succeed, obstruction, de-motivation, betrayal, inciting their jealously.
Senselessness, expensive and poor spending habits, too much brokenness, invasion of free time, stupidity, lack of thought, lack of creativity, telling them what to do, prescribing them a way of life, diversions from work.
Showing off, experimenting, a slight amount of danger, drugs, drinking, unnecessary exhilaration, needing to be louder than everyone else, introverted chaos.
Depression, seclusion, perfectionism, being too hard on one's self, reclusive, judgmental, pragmatic, too logical, holding a grudge.
Top 10 Tips for This Couple
- Don't fret when Virgo is sad. Sometimes Virgo can become reclusive and needs some alone time. Leo should not take this personally, but should find ways to brighten the Virgo's days. Leo should do what they can to reassure the Virgo, stick to good manners, and avoid taking out negative feelings on the Virgo during these spells. Leo needs to be supportive and not always the leader. Don't boss around the Virgo. It will make things worse.
- Virgo should strive to pamper and reassure the Leo on a daily basis. Drench them in compliments, buy and make them gifts, consistently give hugs and kisses, and be in awe of them. Leo wants to be adored above all else.
- Leo needs to think before they speak. Leo is highly action oriented and sometimes says or does something that offends others. Virgo can get annoyed by the lack of thought, so it is advised that Leo slow down and think things through. Might, energy, and optimism do not always make things happen. Leo needs patience.
- Virgo and Leo will do well to spend time together, go on trips, have a social group they enjoy, and finding new things to do together. Both Virgo and Leo can tire of doing the same things every day. They both like variety -- Leo is obsessed with having new experiences and showing off. Virgo likes consistency but can also get bored and unattached if they don't have new ideas to play with.
- This couple should stick to a regular sleep schedule and dinner times. Leo is moody and can get angry if hungry. Virgo has a lot on her mind, and she doesn't function well without her beauty sleep.
- Virgo should keep their words positive. Do not pass judgment on the Leo nor say harsh words. This will come back to haunt you. Virgo needs to be gentle and soft. Leo does not do well with insults or a jerk. Leo can overreact to harsh words.
- Leo should avoid being sullen over Virgo's need for alone time. Leo should not add unnecessary drama into the relationship simply because they want to feel something.
- Leo is more of a leader and Virgo is more of a manager. Virgo should expect that Leo is going to start things and not finish them because they get excited about something new. When Leo gets excited about something new, they prioritize it. Virgo can help Leo get stuff done.
- Work together not against each other. Both of you are smart and capable people. Don't sneer and make jokes behind each other's backs. Be supportive. Don't lose sight of each other.
- Get a pet. Both of you would do well with a dog or cat in the home.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Andrea Lawrence