Andrea is a freelance writer. She writes on topics from interior design, relationships, ghosts, to anything creative. Contact her for work.
When an ENFP Likes You
An ENFP is an excitable Myers Briggs personality. They're extroverted, intuitive feelers and perceivers. They make for an amazing friend or romantic partner.
The ENFP personality loves people. They want to meet people and have a charming and funny partner. They're big flirts, but they're looking for someone who has the right chemistry with them.
"NF" idealist personalities are all looking for that perfect match. The ENFP is without a doubt well-suited for the INFJ. The two have similar yet slightly different social functions. They're actually reversed personalities, which allows them to have a bond that looks psychic.
ENFP + INFJ
An ENFP and INFJ will talk to each other naturally. They will seem like they've always known each other. They understand each other's ways of processing information, and since they're not mirroring each other, they don't get in the way.
They're great at bouncing ideas off of each other. The ENFP will inspire and support the INFJ, while the INFJ gives the ENFP structure and vision. They have an excitable, whimsical, and flirtatious connection. You can expect fireworks when these two meet.
The ENFP will relentlessly entertain while the INFJ feeds its flames. The ENFP adores the INFJ, their harder outer shell, and their deep, complex, and mesmerizing inner voice. When they're together, the two will feel like they can conquer the world.
The ENFP will gravitate toward the INFJ and the INTJ, the latter of which has introverted intuition as their dominate quality. ENFP is not well suited for someone that has intuition as an inferior or even tertiary quality. The ENFP thrives on metaphors, creativity, and the abstract. They thrive on interacting with someone's mind, although they're also looking for someone attractive who can inspire their imagination.
The ENFP and ESTJ Don't Get Along
The ENFP would not do well with a strong ST type. Someone who doesn't have strong intuition won't be able to keep up—ENFP might get confused if you're too down to earth.
If someone has stubborn ideas about the world, the ENFP will lose interest fast. They want to explore and create instead of organizing and administrating. The complete opposite of the ENFP—the ESTJ—would come off as unappealing: extroverted sensing, introverted thinking, extroverted feeling, and introverted intuition. These qualities are completely opposite from the ENFP, which would make it difficult for them to relate to each other.
Signs an ENFP Likes You
- They'll make a point to talk to you. The ENFP isn't afraid to start a conversation and give you attention.
- They'll ask you a number of questions right off the bat. They're genuinely curious about you.
- They have an openly flirty personality. You'll be able to tell that they're making a point to connect with you.
- They'll touch you in a friendly way: like give you a hug, a pat on the back, a high five. They'll make sure to touch you in an appropriate way.
- They'll be excited to tell you new things. They'll look for you and want to borrow your attention. ENFP likes to be the star of the show.
- They're not afraid to speak their mind around you.
- They'll look intensely into your eyes and smile a lot.
- The ENFP will crack jokes with you. They'll keep going if they sense that you have strong chemistry together.
- Expect witty comments all over the place and bursts of laughter followed by an attempt of a serious face. They have a flair for drama.
- An ENFP is likely to blurt out their feelings. He must just flat out say he likes you.
- People tell you the ENFP person gets more talkative when you're near them.
- They'll compliment anything about you. Your hair, your eyes, your humor, your feet, your sudden need to swat the air. They may comment on your punctuality.
- Are you an INFJ? They most likely like you. They find this type irresistible.
- ENFPs are kind of like dogs. Their figurative tail will start wagging when they see you, and they'll jump up and down when they've not seen you in a while.
- They'll try to get a sense of your schedule to see you as much as they possibly can.
- If the ENFP is a guy, he might show off his arms by putting them back behind their head. It's a preening gesture that guys do.
- The ENFP will want to ascertain you're their favorite person in the room. They get jealous easily.
- Even if they're only a few feet or inches away from you, they'll be smiling.
- They might accidentally relay information that they shouldn't. Like that they know where you live without ever having been there.
- Best. hugs. ever.
- They may suddenly just pick you up.
- They will show off. They don't want to bother anyone with their showing off—they just want you to look their way and connect with them.
- It is difficult for them to hide their emotions—when they try to hide them, they become even more apparent. So if they like you, you and everybody else will know.
- They'll chase you. ENFPs are forward people.
- They may suddenly appear at your house with cookies.
- They'll bring up information from previous conversations. ENFPs are nostalgic.
- The ENFP will find ways to have one on one moments with you, even if in a group setting.
- Think loud noises, bright colors, and confetti. The ENFP will make a scene.
- If they don't flake on you after saying yes, then they like you.
- She wants to hear about you. She'll ask about your day.
- He seems eager to please and wants to get things right. He values your interests.
- They won't bolt at the first sign of trouble.
- The ENFP is spontaneous and likes someone who can keep up with her thoughts. The ENFP jumps from one thought to the next with lightning speed.
- He'll share random things with you: his jacket, his favorite pencil, a pet rock, some camping gear, flowers he picked, or a meaningful kiss.
- The ENFP appears noticeably sad when the conversation ends.
- He buys you a drink.
- They sit near you. They sit close to you. They're always close.
- At a party, you'll always be in their line of sight.
- Others will mention that the two of you seem close. People will notice your connection.
- She invites you over to her home for a meal she cooked herself.
- He writes you heartfelt messages.
- If he lives a long ways away, he has no problem driving the distance to make it to events that are important to you. He may live 3 hours away but that doesn't stop him from making it to your birthday.
- She always picks you as her partner during group events or at games.
- He'll try to see if you get along with his pet or if you're good with animals.
- They'll want to take you everywhere from concerts, to gas stations, to cemeteries. I really mean everywhere.
- She may try to see if you get along with her friends or family.
- He goes 100% on your more spontaneous ideas that most people never would.
- He invites you to events rather often.
- Expect randomness (at the level of Robin Williams) being directed at you.
- Expect to find a number of gifts around your house.
- An ENFP has warmth like the sun. You'll find yourself happier in this person's presence. They intend for you to feel that way.
- An ENFP will want to meet all your friends. They want to know every detail of your life.
- The ENFP wants you to be around because their jokes seem better when you're there.
- They'll want to dance with you.
- He'll come over to your house randomly just to say hi. He'll come over to your house without any purpose.
- If you're doing something random that you didn't even notice yourself, they'll comment on it.
- She'll comment that she's missed you if she hasn't seen you in a long while.
- An ENFP will make sure that you have what you need. They'll give you their extra blanket, they'll fill up the gas in your car, they'll help you prepare for a test.
- The ENFP will give you special attention. The ENFP won't treat anyone else like the way they do you.
- They may give you the cold shoulder to see if you react.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2015 Andrea Lawrence
Monica - INFJ on August 20, 2020:
We all know we should take personality tests with a grain of salt. Who doesn’t want to find her/his soulmate? If you have a soul to start with of course. I read some of the weaknesses of or advice given to an ENFP. I am not sure if I really like this type. I think it’s the P that makes them unreliable, uncertain, indecisive and unstable. Personally as an INFJ girl, I prefer men with energy that is assertive, concentrated and consistent. Even the author said once in her article that INFJ needs a strong partner. Any hyper dude with scattered energy, who talks with his 8 hands waving in the air can overwhelm me. I probably, theoretically, go for an ENFJ, who shares the J part with me. But to be honest, maturity is important as any two mature adults can have a wonderful relationship as long as they prepare to work for it. I want to find a partner who can help me with open communication. I give any personality a try, as long as they give me good energy not drain me all the time.
Hareeda on March 12, 2020:
I can`t help myself. right now, I`m crying. cuz it`s just so ture!
Kleo on March 05, 2019:
Rich on September 25, 2018:
Shocking how much I relate to this!!!
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on March 02, 2018:
ENFP is easy to read. ENFJ is also easy to read. INFJ, not so much. INFJ does have the second trait of extroverted feeling, but those with dominant introverted intuition are not easy for others to read. People have a hard time knowing how they come to their conclusions or their ideas at all. The INFJ and INTJ are generally draped in mystery.
ENFPF on February 26, 2018:
You are right...at this moment it is appropriate to just wait and do nothing..the situation is just so twisted..
INFJM on February 21, 2018:
@ENFPF Thank you for your continued insight, and also for re-telling your experience. It is kind of you to provide such an example, especially on a public forum.
The night out was awkward; she was asking me many questions in front of colleagues and I couldn't tell what angle this was from. It felt almost like she was keeping distance. At one point we were alone and I, semi-jokingly, said that I don't trust her enough to tell her so much about myself. To which she replied: are you worried that it will make you seem less mysterious? I didn't know what to make of this. The night became even more strange; it felt almost like she was testing me, then distancing herself. She revealed very little about herself other than some basic details, while I was revealing information I considered very important and personal to me. At one point she said that she had thousands more questions to ask. The night ended with her announcing what she was doing at the weekend, and then offering a lift to myself and remaining colleagues.
I took a risk earlier this week and sent a message to her phone, asking if she'd like to meet for a drink and continue the conversation. I have had no reply. I feel foolish.
I am considering disappearing for my own emotional safety and well-being; although I have no reasonable grounds to try to communicate with her again.
Perhaps this was all a mistake and I completely mis-read things. I could swear there was something there, and I'm certainly not delusional. For a brief moment I was re-considering my stance on love and relationships, and taking a chance with someone. Now, I don't know. It is exceedingly dangerous and ill-advised to rest one's sense of self and happiness upon another. That is not a road I intend to travel again.
I feel that I am left with no other options in this scenario than to wait, or try and forget the whole thing.
ENFPF on February 18, 2018:
@INFJM I could not really visualize what would have happened but I would suggest do not disappear. For reference I will tell you something about my experience. I met an INFJ at one point of my life. Usually I am very good at reading people but this guy, he was impenetrable. I did not even hope for a friendship between us. But slowly we started talking, I had the most amazing conversations of my life with this guy. That electric atmosphere u were talking about, I know it very well. He used to become very talkative with me to everyone's surprise. Then one day he left from the place due to some reason. Now, I never thought someone's departure from my life would affect me very much, but it did in this case. I used to miss him terribly. I found myself thinking about him all the time. If it was someone else, I would have called them and told how much I am missing them but I can't tell him because I had never seen his emotional side. I left that place finally because it wasn't the same without him. It was 2 years ago and I recovered well but I could never find out what he felt about me when he was with me and when he left. I received some occasional formal texts from him in this period but I don't have even slightest idea of what he thinks of me. Well, I just want to say that ENFP and INFJ connection can't move further if INFJ choose to remain absolutely impenetrable.
Talk to her. I am not saying directly express your feelings. Ask her how is she doing, talk casually. Do not disappear.
INFJM on February 17, 2018:
@ENFPF It feels appropriate to report back.
I went. She was there waiting. It was a disaster. I should have expected it. Seems to be an infj thing perhaps, when surrounded by so many emotions.
The only question that now remains is whether to call the whole thing off and abort mission, or chance further contact.
Romance and love are incredibly difficult, doubly so I think for folks of the IN persuasion.
48? I am curious. Prosperity? This alludes to many things.
ENFPF on February 16, 2018:
@INFJM I am glad I could help. But please don't miss that event because if she is really into you, she will be waiting for you. Just go there and find out. And remember "48".
INFJM on February 15, 2018:
@ENFPF thank you kindly. A fortuitous post perhaps as I attend the aforementioned social event tomorrow evening (well, later today), if I don't manage to talk myself out of going before I even get there. I'll bear your words in mind as I attempt to bluff my through the socialising. :)
ENFPF on February 15, 2018:
@INFJM we ENFP females are highly expressive. You can literally read what is going on inside us from our faces. And if you pay attention, we actually express what we feel about someone during conversations indirectly. You should not feel any difficulty knowing what she feels about you. She will express it eventually. Just observe her when she is with you.
INFJM on January 13, 2018:
Is an ENFP lady likely to be patient in pursuit of a romantic interest?
I am an INFJ who has recently been dazzled by a brilliant colleague after years of being relentlessly single. I left the job last week but did not tell her about my feelings. I was afraid that she just being friendly.
Man, her smile, her kindness her touch on my arm was like something else. It freaked me out; she seemed to genuinely get where I was coming from without even saying much.
There was this electric atmosphere; hard to describe. My over-thinking
So, I left her a note with my contact details. I did get an invite to a social next month from a fellow co-worker, but I'm kinda afraid that I may have been seeing things that weren't there. Over-thinking as I usually do.
Can any ENFP ladies offer any advice?
Carly on October 16, 2017:
Never had a serious crush but this is true based on how I interact with close friends and how I could see myself behaving.
INFJ on September 08, 2017:
to the ENFP below. We are subtle, we are VERY subtle. At least I am. I need to know the other person likes me before I would even dare letting on that I like them back. I act a little like a shy ENFP when I like some one; I can be happy and bubbly around everyone else but when it regards them, I am completely in my own head and over analyzing it. Hopefully another INFJ can help you with that, cause I am a little hopeless in that regard
ENFP on August 20, 2017:
yes as an ENFP it is very common for that to happen. And that article is very true. I love INFJs and i have liked one for over five years but i only get to see him once a year or so. When im around him i feel something click but considering i almost never see him i still haven't figured out yet if he feels the same way. Can any INFJ tell me any little signs that he might like me back??
INFJ on August 18, 2017:
About the "41. You'll catch them contradicting ", is that common?
Could any enfp tell me?"
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on July 18, 2017:
I agree, ENFP is the sunshine we have all always needed.
INFJ on July 17, 2017:
As an infj that has fallen for (and still am falling for) a really amazing enfp, I can confirm the accuracy of this list first-hand. Never change, enfp. You are the sunshine that this world so desperately needs ❤
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on July 11, 2017:
Definitely come back and enjoy.
ENFP on July 09, 2017:
The description of the signs is very accurate Awesome!!! I sure will read this again several times in the future. Thank you very much!
LD on April 07, 2017:
Sign me up!
smol on March 13, 2017:
dang son im really into this guy and i found out a few weeks ago that he's infj and now i find this?? gee golly i hope i haven't been too obvious yikes!
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on October 28, 2016:
They are quite addictive. :)
INFJ on October 27, 2016:
they're like magnet to me too
Just my best type
ENFP on May 30, 2016:
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on May 28, 2016:
Sounds sweet! Definitely take your time. INFJ types are super introspective and deal well with having time to develop trust, etc.
ENFP on May 27, 2016:
Yeah and that's the 100% truth right there! We've really hit it off. I'm even making a (probably feeble) attempt to learn her native language of German too :)
Sincerity, Loyalty, and Modesty are all musts for sure!
She's just so mysterious to me. In every regard, but also fascinating in everything we share in common. If she happened to live closer, not that the distance is a problem, I'd almost instinctively make a move, both metaphorically and literally.
Andrea Lawrence (author) from Chicago on May 25, 2016:
That makes sense. I think there is some restraint usually taken when interacting with an INFJ, since they might see it as a red flag and run. They really like sincerity, loyalty, and modesty. But they love ENFP because there is automatic chemistry.
ENFP on May 24, 2016:
I'd say this is pretty spot on accurate. Only discrepancy I'd say, is with point #6. Certain things I don't just want to outright say. Typically this refers to my feelings, especially with the INFJ I've been talking to. I don't want to scare her off lol. Other things, yeah, ask and I'll answer with 100% unrestrained honesty.
I've actually had to stop myself mid-text with her too, because I would have just blurted out how I felt, but like I said, I don't want to scare her. Ha.