How to Understand a Libra Rising Sign
What Does an Ascendant in Libra Reveal?
The rising sign is the constellation that was rising in the east at the moment you were born. Also known as the Ascendant, it is the beginning of the first house in your natal, or birth chart. A natal chart is a map of the heavens at the exact moment you blessed the world with your presence. The chart is in twelve sections called houses, each ruled by a Zodiac sign or constellation in the sky. Each house has a ruling astrological planet, and the aspects between these planets are taken into consideration when identifying the personality of someone, as well as that person’s emotions and actions throughout their life.
In ancient astrology, the rising sign was used as your personality guide as opposed to the Sun sign which is used today. So, you may feel and sometimes behave much differently than what your Sun sign indicates if the Sun and Earth’s eastern horizon were in different constellations when you were born. The Rising sign is equally as important as the Moon sign and the Sun sign. The Sun sign is often the only Zodiac sign considered in modern day, common Astrology, although many people are becoming more educated on the topic. The rising indicates how the world sees you, and rules your inner child and your emotions.
Libra is the seventh sign of the Zodiac, and is an air sign with Venus as their astrological planet ruler. Those with an Ascendant in Libra have a need to keep all aspects of their lives in balance. They thrive when their work life is organized and not too little nor too much time is spent working. Just as their employment is balanced, their home life needs to be balanced and structured as well. They are just and fair, never choosing one child over the other or spending more money on one family member and less on another. Also, Libra Ascendant people spend a lot of time obsessing about their family members and carry a deep, deep emotional attachment to each one. These people are the best secret keepers and like to keep their private lives extremely private.
Those who were born at a time when the Libra was rising in the eastern sky generally love to travel. You can find a person with Libra rising in a career of service. Often they will enter the fields of law enforcement, the legal community, the hospitality industry, or possibly the medical field.
Famous People With Libra Ascendant
- Grace Kelly – Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Pisces
- Halle Barry – Sun in Leo and Moon in Taurus
- David Letterman – Sun in Aries and Moon in Capricorn
- Claudia Schiffer – Sun in Virgo and Moon in Gemini
- Bill Clinton – Sun in Leo and Moon in Taurus
- Jean Claude Van Dame – Sun in Libra and Moon in Virgo
- Suzanne Sommers – Sun in Libra and Moon in Cancer
- Natalie Wood – Sun in Cancer and Moon in Aries
- Shirley MacLaine – Sun in Taurus and Moon in Virgo
- David Bowie – Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Leo
- Denzel Washington – Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Aquarius
- Scarlett Johansson – Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Scorpio
- Barry Gibb – Sun in Virgo and Moon in Scorpio
- Annie Lennox – Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Capricorn
- Brittney Spears – Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Aquarius
- Johnny Carson – Sun in Libra and Moon in Capricorn
- Sidney Poitier – Sun in Pisces and Moon in Libra
- Eric Clapton – Sun in Aries and Moon in Scorpio
- Harrison Ford – Sun in Cancer and Moon in Cancer
- Julie Andrews – Sun in Libra and Moon in Scorpio
- Olivia Newton John – Sun in Libra and Moon in Cancer
- Jimmy Carter – Sun in Libra and Moon in Scorpio
- Ann Coulter – Sun in Sagittarius and Moon in Sagittarius
- Cary Grant – Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Aquarius
- Rock Hudson – Sun in Scorpio and Moon in SagittariusJean Harlow – Sun in Pisces and Moon in Aries
- Jennifer Lopez – Sun in Leo and Moon in Aries
- Sally Field – Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Aries
- Paula Abdul – Sun in Gemini and Moon in Gemini
- Robert Redford – Sun in Leo and Moon in Virgo
- Jessica Simpson – Sun in Cancer and Moon in Gemini
- Debbie Reynolds – Sun in Aries and Moon in Aquarius
- John Ritter – Sun in Virgo and Moon in Pisces
- Leonardo DiCaprio – Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Libra
- Ted Danson – Sun in Capricorn and Moon in Leo
- Elizabeth Montgomery – Sun in Aries and Moon in Capricorn
- Doris Day – Sun in Aries and Moon in Aries
- Jennifer Love Hewitt – Sun in Pisces and Moon in Sagittarius
- Ivanka Trump – Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Sagittarius
- Tatum O’Neal – Sun in Scorpio and Moon in Cancer
Libra the Scales
Have you ever had your birth chart read by a professional Astrologer?See results without voting
More About Libra:
- What to Expect From Zodiac Sign, Libra
Does your partner go crazy if his or her life is out of balance? Is your partner devoted to your partnership; in love with being a couple? Is your partner's Zodiac sign any sign but Libra? Your partner probably has a Libra Moon.
- Understanding a Libra Woman
With the Scales you will find comfort and honesty. Why not date a Libra woman?
- Understanding a Libra Man
If you're looking for a well rounded, secure, smart, and honest man, find yourself a Libra. He will always be fair and just.
Your opinion is always welcomed, so please to leave a suggestion, comment, or share your own views in the comments section specified below. Thank you kindly for your time and reading my work. If you would like to see more, please visit my home page at Mmargie1966.hubpages.com.
"Be kind to one another" ~ Ellen
God Bless You ~ Margaret Sullivan
More by this Author
If you are ready for the all American 2 story house with the white picket fence, 2 dogs and a cat, 2.5 children, and a wife who is the president of the PTA, then meet Miss Cancer!
How well do you know your Gemini man? Both of them?
How well do you know your Scorpio man? Read this hub to find out more about him.
No comments yet.