Andrea has been an online writer for 8+ years. She mostly writes about dating, couples, weddings, travel, interior design, and gardening.
A Scorpio and a Libra Romance
Scorpio and Libra are neighbors in the zodiac. They both bring a certain passionate side to the table: together they can spark a lasting flame.
This is one of the better water and air sign pairings. Where Scorpio is consumed by deep moving emotions, Libra is all about harmony, balancing acts, and good vibes.
These two will understand each other in ways that excite them. They’re always trying to have fun. They like to spice things up. They’ll travel to far-off places, try new business ventures, and go to restaurants with peculiar menus.
- Scorpio likes Libra’s creative streak, their constant quest for enlightenment, and their noticeably whimsical ways.
- Libra is fascinated by Scorpio’s edginess, passionate ways, and cool demeanor. Libras are renowned procrastinators. They find someone who is driven to be exciting and frightening.
FYI: Neighboring or consecutive signs tend to make for good relationships. They can usually relate to each other because they’re from similar seasons. They’ll have different elements, which gives off an "opposites attract" feel. These relationships have the right amount of yin and yang.
When Two Fall Signs Fall in Love
Scorpio and Libra are both fall signs. Libra is the 7th House and Scorpio is the 8th House. The two signs observe Aries through Virgo, and when fall finally arrives they feel like the show is finally getting started. Everything that was before them was just prologue.
Scorpio and Libra find Aries through Virgo somewhat dull. They think those signs are too contained, predictable, and childish.
Libra wants to bring balance into the Zodiac. Libra is in the middle of the cycle; she wants to see fairness, beauty, and charm manifested in the world.
Libra is a beautiful time of year; it’s the warmer part of fall from September 22nd to October 23rd. For the northern hemisphere, this is often the best time of year weather-wise. More and more people are getting married during this time frame.
Libra isn’t partial to people. They want everyone to get along. This may drive Scorpio crazy because they require loyalty, commitment, and togetherness.
Scorpio will not take on a partner who doesn’t see them as number one. Libra will have to give more time than usual to their romantic partner and less to all their social acquaintances. Libra can do this, especially if their Scorpio is ultra handsome.
Libra and Scorpio Can Both be Loners
Libra can be a bit of a loner at times. They can experience burnout from socializing. They’re known homebodies. They can get really stuck in their feelings, so it might be good for them to partner up with Scorpio, who can give them guidance about the emotions that elude them.
Libras are full of wit, thought, and logic, so they sometimes don’t know how to properly process their emotions. Libras can be surprisingly emotional, like a volcano of emotion.
The cardinal air sign wants to be warm to everyone, and they feel a lot of pressure to have good manners. They hate when they are rude; they want to exude charisma. Libra considers it a sin to sour a social connection.
Scorpio is from October 23rd to November 21st. They’re often described as intense, magnetic, idiosyncratic, dangerous, and passionate. They’re often attracted to Libras because they’re often seen as desirable people with great charm. Scorpio wants a mate that others see as amazing.
The fixed water sign will also like the cooperative nature of Libra. Scorpio sometimes gets too competitive with similar ego-driven signs like Aries, Taurus, Leo, and other Scorpios. They need a partner who helps them to manage their ego, not spike it.
Scorpio is a magical sign and can see things beyond the norm. They have a vibrant creative side to them, and they prefer to be with someone who is open-minded. Scorpio’s quest for someone who is open-minded often lands them in a relationship with an air sign.
Scorpio Attracts Air Signs
Scorpio likes air signs but can be really confused by them. The lore on the Scorpio and Aquarius connection could be a whole library to itself.
Scorpio and Aquarius are both fixed signs. They make each other crazy because they’re both stubborn, and neither really understands their ESP connection. Scorpio is curious about Aquarius’ calm, abstract, and unique ways. Aquarius is curious about Scorpio’s sexy stare, emotional vibes, and seduction techniques. I could go on about this pairing, but it’s a saga for another day. . .
Libra and Scorpio vibe easily with each other. Their perspectives on life are more similar than other Air+Water relationships. I would say their connection is superior to a Gemini + Scorpio, Aquarius + Scorpio… or a Pisces + Libra, and Cancer + Libra matches.
Scorpio and Libra in Bed
Scorpio has an agenda in every pairing to prove that they're the greatest lover you've ever come across. They've very attentive, and they're overly focused on pleasure. They can sometimes rush things. Scorpios are very intense and like to look in people's eyes and make them feel special. The eye thing can be a lot for air signs who are typically more impartial.
Libra wants to have a good time and is eager to please. They're pretty okay with going with the flow. They're more experimental and chatty than Scorpio. They may accidentally laugh at the wrong time and hurt Scorpio's feelings. Scorpio should play along with Libra's weirdness.
Both are passionate kissers. They can read each other really well. Both people are drawn to relationships. They like to couple up. Scorpio can occasionally be too fierce for Libra. And Libra can sometimes be too aloof for Scorpio.
Libra wants to dial things to cutesy stuff like holding hands, Eskimo kisses, and hugs. They're on a quest for meaningful moments. Libras can blend with just about any partner. They can match their partner's style pretty well. They're charismatic and smart.
Scorpios are demanding and take things very seriously. Sometimes they have to accept that Libras are unpredictable: they can be goofy, they can fall asleep, and they can be wild.
Also, Libra is romantic. To really get things going in the right direction you need to do acts of romance throughout the day.
Intensity + Whimsy
Scorpio is the most intense water sign. They are a fixed sign, and they have volumes of emotion that they process. Scorpio is represented by multiple symbols.
- Scorpio’s first symbol is the snake. The snake crawls on its belly, it processes things as it goes along, and it is often unapproachable. You don’t bother with a slithering, venomous snake.
- The Scorpio’s second evolution is the scorpion. Scorpions move faster than snakes; they’ve got legs for days. They’re highly dangerous and ready to attack their foes. . . the scorpion isn’t really super kind to its romantic partner either. . .
- Ultimately, Scorpio is on track to become the Phoenix: the most mature and powerful stage of the entire zodiac. It’s hard to consistently stay in the Phoenix stage. The mythical bird is sacrificial, it’s a powerful healer, and one of the greatest friends a person could ever have. The Scorpio often only stays in the Phoenix stage for a brief time and then cycles through the other phases. With maturity and practice, the Scorpio can stay a phoenix for longer.
- Scorpio requires serious growth to reach enlightenment. Many Scorpios never rise to this level of self-control and empathy. It takes a talented romantic partner to be with a Scorpio as they evolve (and de-evolve) throughout life.
Scorpio at their heart is a healer. The zodiac teaches about how we as humans are intended to evolve to become better healers. Scorpio doesn’t have a full understanding of their emotions or the magic within them. Scorpios are unstable in a way.
Scorpio as a Magical Person
Scorpio is one of the three magical signs with Aquarius and Pisces. Libra is one of the last signs to live in the first order that’s about raising children, coming of age, getting married, and the like. Libra is the midway point between the traditional formula for raising a family and living on earth, and the latter signs who are about the supernatural, the subconscious, and trying to connect with the divine.
Libra feels a lot of push and pull because they witness the power and real savage qualities of family, birth, and nature. Libra gets to see all of this played out in the seasons from Aries to Virgo.
Then Libra can peer into what’s ahead, which takes a ride into the miraculous, the cosmos, and the beyond. The first half of the zodiac doesn’t really think about death or what could lie beyond death. Scorpio and the later signs are obsessed with the existential. The signs from Scorpio to Pisces are more likely to be described as old souls.
Libra is driven by their insight to see all the signs in the past, present, and future. Libra wants to balance all of that into one cohesive whole. They can overwhelm themselves and feel drawn to one extreme or the other. They have a strong adoration for nature and a strong adoration for the cosmos.
Scorpio and Libra Cheat Sheet
Middle of Fall
Time of Year
Fall school semester, football games
September 23 to October 23
October 23 to November 22
Friendly, loving, sweet, creative, smart, original, weird, diverse, harmonizer, craves balance, charming
Passionate, loyal, intense, emotionally diverse, loner, driven by success, flirt
Sloth, anxiety, overwhelmed, peer pressure, drugs (including alcohol), indecisive
Depression, rage, brooding, power trip, loner, hyper about passions, existential crisis, despondent
Leader: likes to try new things, pushes boundaries, gets things started (not finished), open to possibilities
Manager: excellent skills to take care of resources and amplify them, great with money, multitasking potential, strives to completion, success-driven
Scorpio and Libra: Meshing Modalities
Libra is a cardinal sign, so they like to set the stage, get things in motion, and start new projects. Scorpio is a fixed sign. They are stubborn, controlling, and laser-focused. Together these two can be a powerful force to get stuff done, to create meaningful moments, and to help make the world a better place.
It’s important for Libra to see how they are outside the relationship and not to get lost in it. Libras are drawn to relationships and want harmony, and they can lose sight of their identity.
Scorpio needs to give space, even if they really don’t want to do it. Scorpio wants a relationship that’s like two different water sources running into each other and for there to be no discernible separation.
Libra will require barriers. Some compromise here will be necessary for the sanity of the relationship. Libra doesn’t want to feel smothered or like they’re drowning. Scorpio doesn’t want to feel abandoned.
Libra Needs to Work on Confrontation; Scorpio Needs to Slow Down
Libra needs to step up and talk and not just bury conflicts. I know of a Scorpio and Libra couple that didn’t talk out their problems until very close to their wedding date, and they ended up canceling their wedding and breaking up when they finally approached conflict.
You have to learn how to talk things out and allow yourselves to go to uncomfortable places in conversations. This will be hard for Libra.
Problems don’t go away just because you don’t talk about them. Libra is really bad about this because of their persistence on harmony — this idealism can warp your perceptions and prevent you from being active about your life and surroundings.
Your idealism prevents you from being realistic. Without approaching conflict, this will also lead to procrastination, potentially at dangerous levels, and this can lead to depression or anxiety.
Scorpio is someone who will approach conflict head-on, so it might confuse Libra as to why their Scorpio is so blunt. This is going to be one of the hardest dynamics of the relationship to master.
Bonding through Creativity
Scorpio needs to invest heavily in a project with all their creativity. A Scorpio doesn’t do well to sit and do nothing with their talents. The water sign won’t sit and waste time for very long. They actively want to pursue their dreams and make a difference. They want to be useful and powerful.
Libra will sacrifice power for harmony. If Scorpio can find a strong melody for Libra to blend with, they’ll end up crafting something together that’s powerful.
Air and water sign relationships have great potential. They cover some of the most important bases in our lives from our emotions to our thoughts. These two will face depression and anxiety in their lives, so they’ll need to work hard to remedy these disorders. Remember: air is nourished by water. Scorpio helps manifest the creativity Libra has inside their soul. Consider the following examples in astrology:
- Gemini is considered the arms and shoulders. Cancer: the hands. The hands communicate and put into motion what the arms and shoulders cannot.
- Scorpio is the root chakra and Libra is the kidneys. Scorpio adds fire and circulation into Libra to make her active.
- Aquarius represents the ankles; Pisces represents the feet. The ankles give flexibility and dimension, but they’re supported and given direction by the feet.
Scorpio is prone to depression and similar issues while Libra is more prone to anxiety. Scorpio needs to work through their sadness and gloominess. They need a strong support system.
Libra needs help with her swirling thoughts that can be too messy and too much. Scorpio can help Libra to slow down, to chill, and to not let the storm of thoughts take control.
Suggestions for This Pairing
- The both of you are well suited for a weighted blanket!
- Drink lots of water and stay active.
- Scorpio should encourage Libra to get out and exercise.
- Libra should encourage Scorpio’s creativity.
- Both of you should push to earn more money.
- Scorpios tend to find and grow money; Libras tend to be hoarders and occasional binge spenders.
- Know your pocketbook just as much as your dreams and ambitions.
- Scorpio is ambitious and must chase after their goals.
- Libras are social butterflies. They grow mentally and creatively by knowing people.
10 Tips for This Couple
- Scorpio: listen to Libra and give them your attention. If you don’t fully understand what they’re saying, listen, ask questions, and give lots of support.
- Libra needs to continue having friends outside the romantic relationship. Scorpio must offer trust. Libra also needs alone time. They do experience burnout from too much socializing.
- Scorpio needs to take things with a grain of salt. Scorpios can get intense and overly serious. Sometimes you need to tone it down.
- Libra needs to stick to plans and find an organizational rhythm. Don’t only rely on Scorpio’s precision. Create your focus now, not tomorrow. Stop delaying things. You don’t have forever. Stop being afraid of conflict.
- Compliments and flattery are good for Libra. Most Libras’ love language is word affirmation. They better understand things when you add words. Scorpio may have to push themselves a little harder in this department.
- Do things together. Keep your spark alive. Libra needs help addressing conflict, Scorpio needs help not taking things too hard. The two of you have the ability to balance each other out.
- Libra, sometimes things are about emotions and not trying to solve them. You sometimes resist emotions and do wacky things instead. Don’t fear your emotions or let them get big from bottling them up.
- Scorpio, sometimes things are about creating spaces for friends and not just success or other pursuits. You can be selfish sometimes. Recognize that and do better.
- Holidays and traditions are good for the both of you and give you a kind of rhythm. Holidays are cheesy and cloying, but building memories and celebrating the little things will do you wonders.
- Sleep regularly, eat well, and pamper yourselves. Basic practices will help this pairing to shine and grow. Prioritize your self-care.
© 2020 Andrea Lawrence