Everything You Need to Know About Libra and Taurus Compatibility
Taurus and Libra Compatibility
These signs are from opposite seasons but are ruled by the same planet. Both Taurus and Libra are guided by Venus, the planet of love. They are not complete opposites, but they do have a lot of opposition. So while a Taurus-Libra relationship can thrive, it will take a little work to get to a place of understanding and harmony.
A Relationship Between Opposing Signs
Taurus is an earth sign, and Libra is an air sign. Taurus, though yin, tends to be a highly masculine, competitive, and present-minded sign. Libra, though yang, tends to lean toward femininity. Libra strives for fairness and balance and considers the past and present.
Taurus is the heart of spring, when the grass is green, the birds sing, and flowers are in bloom. Libra is the beginning of fall, when the leaves change colors, when the northern hemisphere starts to cool, and when the days start to shorten.
Each Sign Has What the Other Lacks
Where Taurus wants to compete, Libra wants to focus on equality. Where Libra struggles to make a decision, Taurus does it for the Libra. When Taurus has a hot temper, Libra can cool it.
Middle of Spring
Beginning of Fall
April 21–May 21
September 23–October 22
Senses, Physical World
Is Libra and Taurus a Good Match?
It can be, but these two can have a lot of communication problems and different goals. The main key is to apply empathy—try to be in the other person's shoes and see how they interpret the world.
Taurus can be blunt, and Libra can be sensitive, but Libra can also be thick-skinned. Libra will enjoy Taurus' humor, quick wit, and decisiveness. Libra will feel safe with a Taurus; they'll get to show off their earthy side, and they can connect by camping, hiking, and enjoying the world in a balanced way. Libra likes gardens because it feels like it is contributing to the world. Taurus will like that Libra is softer, more emotionally gushy, but still has brains. This is a fascinating blend to Taurus. They'll also feel like they've won a worthy prize.
Learning to Communicate
The two will need to work on communication problems. Sometimes, it is going to feel like they're living in two completely different worlds. You talk in different ways and have different goals.
Taurus, as an earth sign, loves to give by acts of service. Libra loves to give by affection, time, and compliments. Sometimes the two of you will be earnestly communicating with each other but not able to understand each other. Don't be afraid to seek out a counselor or a mediator to help you practice emotionally intelligent language.
Libra and Taurus at Home
Libra needs to accept that a clean space, sound finances, and traditions mean something to Taurus. And Taurus needs to understand and respect that Libra needs time to detox.
Libra is not a sign that always likes to be on the go. They like to spend time at home to recover from the world's pains. Libras get overwhelmed by the insanity of life. Fortunately, Taurus also likes the home life. Taurus wants to take care of the home; it wants its five senses satisfied, and it wants its partner to be happy and satisfied. Taurus, in a selfish way, can take it personally if their partner is not happy.
Practical Taurus vs. Abstract Libra
Taurus can be practical, and Libra can be abstract. Sometimes, the things Libra does really baffles Taurus. Both of them like nice things; they can be hard workers (Libra can also be prone to sloth-like behavior), and both want to experience pleasure—material and otherwise.
How to Deal With Anger
Libra may eventually blow up out of nowhere. They have a limit with Taurus brushing things off and undervaluing things that Libra likes. It is hard to tell when this will happen, because Libra values a lot of things. All the little gripes add up until they eventually pop over something with their partner.
Libra should be careful, because a Libra's temper isn't near as frightening as a Taurus' temper. Taurus will come at you with all their power as the bull. You can get pinned to a corner when Taurus is upset, and all you can do is take cover. Having both of you feeling on edge is going to suck. Try to be sensitive, slow down, and be considerate.
It can feel like a battle of the air vs. the earth: You have one considering the practical world, and one considering the spiritual world. Taurus has a much bigger ego compared to Libra, who is often selfless. Taurus has a lot of pride for being the center of spring—technically, the center of life. Taurus also has a chip on its shoulder and feels like it isn't good enough because it is the second child after Aries.
Achieving Peace and Harmony
Libra is neutral, thoughtful, and indecisive. It is good that this relationship pairs a softer, more peaceful person with a more competitive person. Taurus is often seen as a hyper-driven competitor. They may be ambitious, full of goals, full of hope, inspiration, and a desire to fight. Libra will want to offer harmony while Taurus wants to keep the rhythm going.
Libra will have better social manners and it can help pacify the Taurus and make them more charismatic. Taurus will appreciate the qualities Libra offers. A lot of signs enjoy relationships with Libras because of how harmonizing they are. Libra likes to explore the artistic, delving into a number of projects and making a lot of messes. Libra needs to keep in mind that a lot of mess can stress out a Taurus.
Worst-Case Scenarios to Avoid
If Taurus becomes too much for Libra, the Libra may try to escape. Libra is sensitive, and when their partner is too much for them, it can cause them to have extreme anxiety and make fast, impulsive decisions without communicating super well. This can really confuse the Taurus, who doesn't understand why Libra would suddenly fold.
If Libra becomes too unattached, too unfocused, and too messy, Taurus may get overwhelmed and quit the relationship. Taurus needs some amount of seriousness from their Libra partner. Too much flightiness and aloofness don't bode well with Taurus, who desires to accomplish goals and make the world a better place. Taurus also has a certain amount of attachment to traditions or conservative outlooks.
Tips for the Relationship
- Know that you are different. You have different desires, appreciations, and goals, but you can harmonize together and have a beautiful and pleasurable relationship.
- Watch your tempers. Getting too angry and blowing up at your partner will make the situation worse. Focus on emotionally intelligent language. If Taurus blows up, you must confront it, Libra. Don't just sweep it under the rug. Stand your ground. If Libra blows up, talk to them logically.
- Ditch the mind games. Taurus, don't play mind games with the Libra just to get a rise out of your partner. Increase your level of faith in people so you don't practice destructive behaviors.
- Pump up the romance. Libras like declarations of love. They enjoy handwritten letters; they like handmade gifts, and they like having the authentic version of you. They are romantic-idealists.
- Enjoy some deep conversations. Both of you have high intelligence, so you will enjoy a number of conversations and interests together.
- Pamper and dote on each other. Libra is intelligent but can feel insecure. Taurus does well to pamper their Libra and dote on them. Libra also does well to pamper Taurus.
- Share the load. You can split up household chores easily by your different interests and talents.
- Embrace change. Know the relationship will evolve, change, and transition.
- Don't be too pushy. Taurus needs to be careful about how much it pushes Libra. Taurus has a tendency as a rock to push the Libra frequently, and this can eventually make the Libra snap.
- Accept Libra's messy balance. Accept that Libra can be messy and get their hands into all kinds of things and impulsive behaviors, while also offering balance.
- Taurus—be sensitive. Think before you speak. Don't always be brash or cut things down. After a while, this hurts the Libra's feelings, and they will take it personally.
© 2017 Andrea Lawrence