Andrea has worked with HubPages for 8+ years. She has written dozens of articles on Western astrology and couples.
Libra + Capricorn
Libra and Capricorn have a magical relationship with hints of earth and air. They'll challenge each other to the core, communicate on a psychic level, and hide in nature.
Libra and Capricorn will connect because they both like to stay at home. Libra is one of the laziest signs of the Zodiac; Capricorn is one of the most hermit-like. This couple won't be seen in public. Instead they'll cozy up in a den for months at a time. They can survive through isolation and hibernation.
- Capricorn doesn't pair up with someone unless he knows that person has a keen eye for survival.
- Libra pairs well with any sign as long as there is plenty of love given and received.
Libra adds charm and color into the relationship. This person enjoys creating harmony out of their surroundings. They like to go on adventures outside.
Extroverted Libras will have an endless list of friends—they're bigger than life social butterflies. Introverted Libras are sweet, kind, and very thoughtful. The introvert will be sentimental, subtle, and emotional.
Leaders Vs. Managers
Libras make for confusing leaders but fantastic followers. There are 6 leader types in the Zodiac and 6 manager types. The air and fire signs are bent on leadership: they like to push forward, they like to create but not necessarily complete, and they like to tell people what to do. The leaders have strong instincts, they're bold, and they can be very ambitious. If I had to rank them from which ones are the most ambitious to the least ambitious it would be:
Capricorn is a survivalist. They have selective priorities: they're thinking of themselves and their family. Capricorn doesn't care about friendships as much as other signs do. They want to focus on making money, creating steady ground for their family, and making sure they have a retirement fund.
Capricorn will enjoy Libra's luck. They see the Libra as someone who will help them move forward in life. Capricorn hopes to boost Libra's luck so that the two of them will get everything they want.
Earth signs and water signs are considered managers. The earth signs typically like to take care of practical resources while water signs deal with matters of the heart. Capricorn is a pro organizer. They can put together a smart budget, they can sort through a closet, and they can tidy up a place.
Libras have a deep need for love. They're guided by the planet Venus. This sign is one that generally partners up with someone. They want a romantic life, they need someone who can talk and listen to them, and they want to chase after their dreams.
Libras are looking for a kismet connection. They're full of ideals, dreaming of a world unlike ours. They can have their heads too high up in the clouds.
The air sign can partner up with just about anyone. They like to harmonize. They like to blend. They're a cardinal sign, but they have a lot of malleability. This sign is striving for balance, moderation, and togetherness. They're not just one scale: they're two scales.
- Libras have a preference for moderation and balance. Due to this, they can blend with just about anyone.
- Capricorns have a preference for conservation and traditions. They don't do well with someone they deem as a risk taker.
Libra is attracted to sounds, different experiences, and trends. Libras are usually the first to try out trendy things.
- You'll find them at the new restaurants.
- They buy popular shoes.
- They embrace wackiness.
- Libras have an affinity for brightness and youth.
- Sometimes Libras buck the trend to create their own.
Libras are very open about what they want in romance. They're looking for a spark that will last a lifetime, but they don't mind some short-term romances here and there before settling down with someone who accepts them for all their weirdness.
Libras can be very indecisive and flaky. They have a hard time making up their minds in part because they don't want to offend others. Capricorns are less concerned about hurting people's feelings—they'll do the dirty job Libra can't.
- Most Libras are excitable.
- They're very friendly and warm.
- They can be ultra weird. All air signs are kind of weird. (They take after birds!)
- Libras are big daydreamers.
- They want to jump into random things.
- They're searching for happiness.
- The Libra sign wants to embrace people. They want togetherness.
- They're eager, bright, and flirtatious.
- They like cute things.
- They want to belong to a social group.
Libras like that Capricorns are somewhat predictable and dependable. They'll like that Capricorns are providers. Libras often don't want to do hard work, so having someone who does is a major plus.
Libra will likely amuse Capricorn by their strange and whimsical ways. Libras bring out a kind of innocence and childlike wonder that can soften the Capricorn heart. The Capricorn will also most likely be protective of their Libra partner.
In a Harry Potter sense, Capricorns can be a bit like a Slytherin while Libra is very Hufflepuff like.
- The Slytherin doesn't always feel accepted, but Hufflepuffs are accepting of just about anyone.
- Slytherin likes that Hufflepuffs are kind. A Slytherin would be very angry at someone who hurts the Hufflepuff's feelings.
Capricorn is capable of doing the hard things in a relationship. They're willing to do hard chores, to get their hands dirty, and to sacrifice for what they believe is the greater good. Capricorn as an earth sign is practical, traditional, and stable.
Capricorns are some of the most solitary people in the Zodiac. Virgo is actually the most independent and can more easily than others go through life without a spouse and kids.
Capricorn is looking to build a family. They believe in monogamy—they find the idea of affairs and lots of connections to be greedy and counter-intuitive.
- Capricorn is looking for a steady partner to raise a family with them.
- They want someone who has nurturing qualities for their children.
- They want someone who can be quiet, sensible, and understanding.
- They want someone who can hibernate with them.
- Capricorn isn't looking for frenetic energy. They don't always want to be on the move. They like to be in the place where they grew up.
Capricorn is not one to abandon their parents, their children, nor their spouse. They have traditional values and conservative tastes. They're very intentional people—they come off as old souls.
- They believe in acts of service: taking out the trash for you, walking the dog, painting bedrooms, washing dishes, doing the taxes, mowing the lawn, folding clothes, arranging the closet, etc.
- Capricorns stockpile necessities. They have full pantries, bathrooms, and tool sheds. They stockpile to survive winter. They can be hoarders; they can also be very tidy.
- They prefer neutral colors and earth tones. They don't like flashy bright colors nor flashy bright people. They worry these things and people will deplete their funds.
- Capricorn is the type to setup a retirement account as a teenager.
- They like the night; they like to wander in the woods and go camping.
- They like a partner who is also an old soul.
Capricorns look for long lasting partners. They don't really like frivolous interactions. They like authenticity. They don't like flattery. They want to make sure what they're doing counts. They wish they could be immortal, but since they're not sure how that would be possible they look for ways to make sure they live as long of a life as possible.
- They're smart, industrious, resourceful, sometimes cold, sharp, biting, and slow-moving.
- They're represented by winter and the longest nights of the year.
- At the beginning of Capricorn is the end of the holiday season. The cardinal earth sign is looking to be more conservative after a time of merriment and indulgence.
Pulling in Different Directions
Libra and Capricorn may pull in different directions at times. Libra needs different people and experiences, meanwhile, Capricorn needs consistency, predictability, and the same core people over and over again.
These two will cover different ground, which will be good for the relationship. When two people are too much alike certain chores tend to go to the wayside.
- Libra: adds merriment, adds weirdness, adds color and brightness. She brings in song, adds warmth, amps up the love, helps bring out sentiment, helps bring out hilariousness. Libras are nostalgic.
- Capricorn: works hard, makes sure there is food on the table, takes care of the bills, focuses on household chores, manages resources, organizes the home, and keeps track of family's growth.
Libra is about the powers of the mind. Capricorn is about managing resources. Together they can have a smart and efficient home. They'll need to compromise to some degree in order to make things work.
Libra can't always be bright, flashy, and huge. Capricorn can't always be a recluse: if the Capricorn gets too cold it will really hurt the Libra's feelings. The Libra won't know what to do if the Capricorn freezes them out. Libra will then try to add even more energy, which will shock the Capricorn—and the Capricorn may double down on making things cold. A terrible cycle indeed.
Libra and Capricorn should find where they have common interests and learn to compromise. They should cook together, listen to their favorite music together, watch their favorite sports games, work on household projects, and the like.
Capricorn will win Libra's heart through:
- Sentimental and thoughtful gifts.
- Acts of service: making their shared space more agreeable.
- Consistency—not leaving them over a weird comment or silly thing.
- Including them in their plans.
- A surplus of patience.
- Being the rock to their chaos.
Libra will win the Capricorn by:
- Making them laugh.
- Showing them how to lighten up.
- By naturally adding warmth into the home.
- Spending time with the Capricorn.
- Having priorities that align with the Capricorn's.
- Having a nurturing persona.
Libra and Capricorn are considered square signs. This means they have the same modality—cardinal—and their seasons are right next to each other (fall and winter).
Square sign couples tend to be complicated relationships. These pairs tend to find a lot in common, but there are also major differences that create tension. These couples often admit to feeling both attracted and repulsed to their respective partner.
A really good example of a square relationship that drives people crazy would be Scorpio and Aquarius. I get messages all the time about this pairing. Scorpio and Aquarius couples feel destined to be with each other, and yet they can't stand each other.
There is a certain magnetism to these pairings. They'll love each other because they can get on the same page, but they'll be confused because they go about life in different ways. Libra wants to be playful, they're in-tune with their inner child, and they like to be capricious. They like to jump into things without any real purpose or destination. They can have a really wide net of friends and acquaintances, and Capricorn might not really jive with that.
Capricorn likes warmth in their life—it helps with the hibernation process. They get annoyed when there are too many people up in their business. They'll want quiet days when Libra wants everything to be noisy. When Libra is burnt out on people, they suddenly crave long stretches of solitude.
Libra learns by watching lots of interactions. Capricorn learns from an introspective place. However, both of these people will at times crave the other person's lifestyle:
- Libra will need a place to rest, so they don't get burnt out.
- Capricorn will eventually have to come out of his cave to enjoy spring, to collect fruits, and to get more involved in the world. Capricorn can only stay in their den for so long before they have to go out to get something.
They think in different ways. Libra is the weakest of the air signs; she sacrifices air for togetherness and harmony. She wants to keep up with her air cousins Gemini and Aquarius, but she isn't concentrated enough for it. Her intelligence comes out in short bits. She is dominated by love, which is what sets her free.
Libras are smart, but it's not how they carry themselves entirely. Gemini has a never ending amount of tangling thoughts, and Aquarius is concentrated and stubborn air. Libra balances out air and water / thoughts and emotions.
In Order to Overcome the Differences, Pace Yourselves.
Understand that sometimes you need space and even tension. Square signs tend to have a psychic connection where they can read each other's minds and predict what will happen ahead of time.
Plenty of couples come together without a psychic connection, but having one can make things interesting and desirable. Libra and Capricorn won't be able to hide everything about themselves from each other. They'll be strengthened by the other's differences.
Libra and Capricorn at a Quick Glance
September 23 to October 22
December 21 to January 20
Beginning of Fall
Beginning of Winter
Bubbly, whimsical, friendly, outgoing, charming.
Hard-working, old soul, recluse, dedicated, sarcastic.
Manager or Leader
Leader of Thoughts
Manager of Resources
© 2021 Andrea Lawrence