Andrea has been an online writer for over five years. She's a dating consultant who gives advice on relationships and couples' issues.
Capricorn and Pisces: A Perfect Match?
Capricorn and Pisces are a pair of old souls with different takes on life. Capricorn is a hard worker who makes sure there is enough stock to survive winter, while Pisces is a creative soul who is willing to sacrifice themselves for the sake of others. This pair works well together.
Both of these signs are born in the winter—Capricorn in early winter, while Pisces is at the tail end. Capricorn is an earth sign, so it has all the typical earthy traits: practical, hard-working, meticulous, sensible, materialistic, and dutiful. Pisces is a water sign that, like other water signs, is known for its creativity, emotions, innovation, passion, honesty, quirkiness, and charm.
This pair will accept each other's traits well. Both are survivors, but they tackle life differently. They are more of the manager-type than they are leaders—they like to take stock of their inventory, stay organized, and stick to deadlines.
Capricorn and Pisces Struggles and Talents
Capricorn and Pisces both come near the end of the zodiac year, which helps them relate to each other.
Capricorn is of the 10th house and Pisces is of the 12th. The latter sign tends to be more mature and seasoned, as well as less impulsive. Capricorn can be the rough-and-tough type, whereas Pisces can be sensitive and graceful. Both need to have an appreciation for the others' interests, even though that might not be something they'd naturally try to do.
These signs have different perspectives on the same things. While Capricorn is constantly working hard to survive, Pisces has the foresight to know what it's like to have to struggle. Pisces is more sacrificial. They understand that raising and helping the next generation is important to keeping life going forward. Capricorn, however, can sometimes be so focused on themselves and their family. Pisces can see the big picture.
What Do These Two Souls Enjoy?
A Capricorn and Pisces relationship is prone to staying at home, and they'll enjoy forming a household together.
They tend to like watching TV, baking, hosting parties, and sitting around and planning. Capricorn would be perfectly happy with just Pisces to keep them company, who they find entertaining. However, I also know plenty of Capricorns who are big into parties and want to be at the center of the action. Though they like to host, they don't necessarily like to attend parties. They just want to keep a household full of energy that will keep them going through the winter.
Pisces likes to have a little more spice in their life. They're consumed by creativity and need social interaction and art to keep them energized. Pisces likes that Capricorn is more grounded and practical, while Capricorn likes that Pisces is original.
When Will Pisces and Capricorn Conflict?
There can sometimes be conflict between these two signs—especially when Capricorn gets too practical and logical and Pisces gets too emotional for Capricorn's taste. Many of their fights will revolve around this issue. Often times, Capricorn will try to fix something in the relationship, only for Pisces to perceive it as a threat or an insult. Keeping a balanced perspective is key for this pairing.
That being said, Earth and water signs tend to go well together. Water keeps the soil rich, and the earth gives the water some much needed boundaries and direction. Water is prone to going all over the place and losing its definition or identity. This means that Pisces is much more existential than Capricorn, the latter of which is better at preventing themselves from going insane. However, Capricorns are more likely to self-indulge. Think of it this way—Capricorn survives off of their stores over the winter, so sometimes they take up heavy drinking to stay warm. Capricorn needs to stay aware of their actions, especially when it comes to moral issues.
They Complement Each Other Well
Together, Capricorn and Pisces can come off like an Aquarius personality. Capricorn helps shield Pisces' emotions, and Pisces helps Capricorn come out of their shell and be a bit more wild and strange.
This pair should talk to each other about what they like about their partner. They should also focus on making foods and discovering their interests. Capricorn likes the outdoors, but not for the same reasons Pisces does—Pisces finds the outside world somewhat existential and foreboding, yet hopeful. They know when things are starting to turn greener. Pisces has hope. However, Capricorn has resilience even in times of no hope.
Pisces is prepared to sacrifice themselves for others, but also fears doing so—this is parallel to the changing of the seasons from winter into spring. Pisces (quite literally) ends the whole process so that a new year and cycle can begin.
Quick Glance: Capricorn and Pisces
December 22 to January 20
February 19 to March 20
Part of the Body
Time of Year
Beginning of Winter
End of Winter
Survivalist, hard-working but sometimes lazy, smart, family oriented, stable, rock-solid, friendly, consistent, ambitious, independent, logical
Creative, introspective, wise, charming, sacrificial, emotional, diverse, private, attractive, artistic, innovative
A Stable Partnership Goes a Long Way
A Pisces and Capricorn relationship is naturally stable. Capricorn, at times, may need to soften up to Pisces' sensitivities, but this shouldn't be hard for Capricorn to do.
For this couple, think of two adventurers wandering through a tundra and surviving together. Capricorn does well to stay resourceful, find a direction, and make sure they get through the hard times. Pisces has the innovation, intuition, and charm to fight through tough circumstances. These two not only survive in tough situations, but also thrive in them. They make a strong couple that can last through many seasons and struggles that other couples don't.
Capricorn and Pisces also make for great parents. Capricorns are naturally good at family dynamics. They know how to prioritize the people around them and make sure that their needs are taken care of. Pisces has so much heart and emotional understanding that they can help raise kind-hearted people who can thrive in this crazy world.
Capricorn and Pisces balance each other out as romantic partners, and they also balance each other out as parents. They are a smart, cunning pair that have a whole world of possibilities before them. They could travel the world and make it through just about any circumstance, or they could stay at home and develop their own unique lifestyle.
With Pisces, Capricorn will find life more exciting, creative, and endless. Capricorn can fall prey to keeping everything too simple when single. A partner who brings in more color—without going beyond the couple's means—is good for them. This opens up their heart and helps them have faith again.
11 Tips for a Pisces-Capricorn Couple
- Relax. Don't things too seriously. Try to see each others' perspectives and observations. Pisces needs to be careful not to be too impulsive. Keep a positive perception of your partner.
- Be careful not to become too cozy or sedentary. Winter signs have this tendency. Get a gym membership, get into gardening—whatever it may be, make sure to move your body and don't become coach potatoes. A sedentary and apathetic lifestyle is hard on your body and your mind.
- Capricorn needs to be open-minded. Your partner thinks about things that others often do not. By being open to Pisces' ideas, they'll share more of their world with you and open up about how they really feel. Don't be closed off to them. That is really hard on a Pisces, who might then turn to self-destructive behaviors.
- Pisces, don't be too hard on your Capricorn. Appreciate them for the things they do for you, and compliment them to show that you appreciate their effort.
- Don't get lost in your children and forget about your partner. Make an effort to get to know each other at every stage of life.
- Create separate spaces in your home that work for you and give you energy to recharge. Both of you need space to be creative, but those spaces might look different. Capricorn might prefer a workbench while Pisces needs a room to paint.
- Don't become too reclusive. Be open to having different kinds of people in your life, like new friends and social connections. Pisces and Capricorn will do well to hear from other perspectives.
- Don't forget your chores. Don't get so distracted by other hobbies and pursuits that the house becomes messy.
- Capricorn needs to keep their skepticism to a minimum with Pisces, who is more sensitive.
- Plan getaway adventures to help rejuvenate the relationship and keep things positive.
- Pisces has a somewhat flirtatious personality, but this doesn't mean they will pursue another romantic interest. They are just charming. Pisces needs a partner who understands this.