Does a Scorpio Like Me?
What a Scorpio Wants
If there is one sign that I tend to attract, it's Scorpio. In my opinion, it should be fairly obvious when a Scorpio likes you. They can be quite forward when they are after someone. They don't tend to eave you hanging unless they are only partially interested and are keeping their options open.
Once matured, Scorpio is one of the most loyal signs of all. They will go to just about any length to be with the person they like. They don't easily give up either—they are stubborn. However, when Scorpios are younger and aren't yet mature, they may be more easily swayed because they might not be ready to settle.
10 Signs That a Scorpio Likes You
There are telltale signs when a Scorpio likes you. The easiest way to spot a Scorpio is by their long gaze—this sign is known for having eyes that could cut glass. As an Aquarius who isn't exactly fond of eye contact, I wish I knew what was really going through a Scorpio's mind when they focus on someone they like, because it is incredibly intense. I'm more of a grins and giggles kind of girl.
- They will go out of their way to talk to you and figure you out. They are especially charmed by those who are mysterious and calm. Since they have a complicated emotional range, they find themselves attracted to those who have good self-control over their emotions. If you can say you are a cool, mysterious person, you've likely caught Scorpio's interest.
- Scorpios like to take their interests on a very secluded date. This doesn't mean you'll be in some romantic garden with a candlelight dinner—they like to have their crush all to themselves. You may go over to their house and get a chance to really see each other for who you are rather than a great deal of activities and distractions getting in the way.
- Scorpios will try to break the touch barrier. They'll give you hugs, stare at your face, or hold your hand. They'll come up with some sly way to touch you. They also have an outstanding understanding of how to be cuddly and endearing.
- Jealously. When a Scorpio hasn't snagged you yet, they'll be keenly aware of who is trying to win advances with you. They may step on those people's toes and get them out of the way so you can focus plainly on them. One time, when a guy was coming up to talk to me, a Scorpio pulled off the advancing guy's scarf and threw it at me. He completely destroyed that person's approach.
- Consistent communication. A Scorpio likes to talk to the person they like; you'll get lots of text messages. Scorpio does need sufficient alone time for introspection, so don't be surprised if they disappear for a week or two. If it doesn't seem like your interest is progressing anywhere, you might want to be suspicious of their downtime. It can go either way. They're either recharging from a stressful week, or they're finding someone else to go and flirt with.
- Scorpios are fiendishly loyal. There is nothing like it, really. When they like you, they are looking for a deep commitment. Most of the Scorpios I know end up in long term relationships. They do not like to be seen as something smaller. I have found most of them find that very crude. Even if it does intrigue them a little bit, I think they are much more of loyalists than the sex addicts people make them out to be.
- But they do appreciate a bit of sexual innuendo. They'll try to figure out whether you're modest or a liberated fellow—and they'll be a chameleon and do what they can to suit your style.
- They want to get to know you. They'll try to figure out your interests, life ambitions, and your middle name—they'll try to figure you out, but they'll keep chasing after you if you are difficult for them to understand.
- Scorpios like those who are independent and can speak for themselves. They have been known to look for someone that reminds them of their parents—because then they know they can live with them long term if they have the right, familiar qualities.
- When a Scorpio likes someone, they want to have them completely. They want to get to know their body, their mind, their personality, everything. They want an incredibly deep connection. And they'll do what they can to give you some space, as difficult as that may be for them.
What to Expect With a Scorpio
A Scorpio can be hot and cold. They'll like you to your face, but when things are over, you will definitely feel a change in the connection.
Scorpios Value Loyalty
Do not ever cheat on a Scorpio. They will cut their losses and move on from you. These are creatures who desire more than anything to have loyalty. When cheated on, they feel like the lowest of the low. They hate losing, especially in the love department.
Also, do not try to intentionally make a Scorpio jealous. This could easily backfire on you and end up with the Scorpio moving on because they feel like your loyalty is questionable. They like to have someone they can absolutely trust and who absolutely trusts them. This might not be the easiest ideal to reach, but it is what a Scorpio truly wants.
They Want to Get to Know Who You Really Are
When you are with a Scorpio, you need to be yourself. They don't like inauthentic people or big gossipers. They like people who are selfless, caring, gentle, and also extremely attractive. From what I can tell, physical attraction matters to a Scorpio. There was only one case where I could see that wasn't true, but I think that had to do more with the person's self-esteem and self-image. A mature Scorpio wants someone who looks good with them, who will make their environment look better, who is an all around catch that they know others would be lucky to have.
Scorpios Keep a Tight Circle
Scorpios tend to have long-lasting relationships. They put a great deal of effort into them. You can expect a male Scorpio to be punctual, pay for your meals, and make sure you get home safely.
Scorpios can be a lot different in group situations than one-on-one. This sign is often misunderstood, so that can make it difficult to understand them unless you have previous experience with this sign. Some people in group situations find them rude, grumpy, and not all that pleasant. I find Scorpios to really keep a trim social network. The ones they are loyal to they are extremely loyal to, and it sucks to lose a Scorpio for this reason. You feel like something is missing, and sometimes Scorpios make you feel that intentionally—if you wrong them, they know how to sting you. . .and get rid of you.
Scorpios Want a Deep Connection
Scorpios tend to really care about their families, closest friends, and especially their significant other. When they love someone, it is deep and true. They are not looking for a superficial connection; ultimately, they want something that will last. They tend to fall for those who can keep their emotions in check, are very steady, and endearing.
I find that Scorpios like me for being a creative powerhouse, since I am an Aquarius. But I think they could easily go for someone more practical, especially if the person still carries a certain amount of charm and mystique. They allow each relationship they have to be its own unique thing—they don't hold all the people they date to the same standards. I have found most Scorpios I have run into to be extremely monogamous—I think polyamory would be super weird to see coming from a Scorpio. Not that it's impossible, it just doesn't seem like what they would want long term.
A Scorpio will say how they feel. They are looking for an ESP (extrasensory perception) connection. They like it when someone can read their mind a little bit. They like to be in control, to make decisions, and, of course, to cuddle!
© 2016 Andrea Lawrence