Andrea has been an online writer for 8+ years. She mostly writes about dating, couples, weddings, travel, interior design, and gardening.
When Sagittarius and Sagittarius Fall in Love
Identity relationships are when two people of the same sun sign couple up. These relationship matches are usually strong because people can get on the same wavelength. Two people with the same sun sign have similar goals, ambitions, and personalities.
Usually, couples that are more similar stay together. Sagittarius is a free and wild spirit, a source of superior intelligence, outlandish humor, and spontaneous devilry.
The challenge will be for both people to commit. Both people have a tendency to want to be free, to date others, and to detach.
Commitment confuses Sagittarius types. The sign doesn’t like to take things too seriously or get tied down. They want to keep their options open. They want to live spontaneously, and sometimes they feel being in a relationship is counterintuitive. Two Sagittarius people who are both non-committal will have trouble forming a cohesive bond.
Sagittarius likes to be free more than any other sign. They hate being a stick in the mud. Spontaneous combustion is their game. They need options. They can’t stand for things to be boring, mundane, or routine. They thrive when every day is different. They need someone who amuses them, not someone who is predictable and easy to understand. They prefer someone who is weird, complex, rebellious, charming, indistinguishable, and dynamic.
They don’t do well with relationship formulas. They want a house with a little bit of spark, not boring walls and minimalist furniture.
Two Sagittarius people would do well to buy a camper and to travel across the country. They’re comfortable with loose attachments.
Sagittarius: What the Sign Wants
Sagittarius wants to bring a new era into the world. They want to be successful; they also don’t want a boss lording over them. They want to be in charge — or to at least be given the chance to be in charge.
Sagittarius doesn’t like to be idle. I can’t repeat this enough, but they don’t do well sitting around and getting bored. This sign is well suited for merriment and silliness. They are born during the holidays and when autumn starts to get cold. They like festivity, not death and destruction. They saw enough death and destruction from Scorpio — the sign before them — so they’re kind of done with it, and frankly bored of it. Most signs counter the sign that precedes them for example:
- Taurus wants to cultivate balance, solidarity, and good management. This comes after Aries who bolts around the world starting up projects and spreading seeds.
- Virgo wants to be scholarly and calculated after Leo enters the world begging for others to worship and marvel at them.
- Cancer comes into the world oozing with emotion. They’re distinctly moody compared to the “less-than-in-tune” Gemini — who is far more into their thoughts than their emotions.
Attracted to Excitement
Two Sagittarius people in one relationship equals excitement. They understand that they’re weird fire signs. The flame burns brighter for Aries, and even more so for Leo. Those two war all the time; Sagittarius isn’t really a soldier, but more of a scholar. They like books! But they also like action. This is why their symbol is the centaur: they study the stars. Their symbol is also the archer: a soldier that attacks from a distance.
They think the intense actions of Aries and Leo are over the top. And ineffective. They also don’t want to sit around all day and wait for things to come to them. They want to shake up the scene. They want the nightlife and the scholarly life.
Read More From Pairedlife
Sagittarius may sabotage relationships because of their disdain for attachment. Two Sagittariuses together will be messy. Neither is really the enforcer in the relationship. They let things build until their emotions hit a boiling point. Sagittarius' fights are nutty, like a unicorn fighting a panda.
Sagittarius, in some ways, acts more like an air sign: they’re aloof, unattached, smart, sarcastic, silly, but somehow. . . caring.
They don’t worry about tomorrow. They believe tomorrow will take care of itself. They want to go with the flow. . . until someone goes a different way with the flow, and it doesn’t fit with the Sagittarius’ ideas.
Sagittarius has a party-social mentality. They love events. They live to study people. Romantically they are all over the map. They may love someone but refuse to move closer.
They want to be loved but not adored like Leo. They want to be feared but not like Aries. Sagittarius wants to be better than Aries and Leo. They want to be more refined, wiser, and the life of a party.
You’ll kill a Sagittarius’ heart if you tell them they’re boring. They want to be a firecracker of charisma.
Pros and Cons
A Sagittarius + Sagittarius couple may struggle to: get stuff done, agree on a plan, take care of finances, be serious, be tolerant, and make concrete decisions.
Two Sagittariuses together means there will be plenty of interesting conversations. Lots of love, lots of ideas, and lots of whimsy. Overall — they’re compatible!
The world might fear them. . . but they can conquer just about anything they set their minds to. They are willing to be adventurous. They’ll shapeshift to fit new careers. They’ll shapeshift to appease.
They’re chameleons when it comes to survival, but they don’t do well to stay in a disguise for too long. . . eventually, they’ll need change.
Two Sagittariuses in motion equals constant change. It might be difficult to keep the momentum going for the long term. It's not clear if their habits for the relationship are sustainable.
It will take some amount of work and compromise to stabilize the relationship. If the work to do that is too stressful, the relationship will fall apart.
Top 20 Tips for a Sagittarius and Sagittarius Couple
1. Create more organization in your lives even if it is boring. Split up the chores so everything gets done. You need to tidy up your home, manage your finances, and create schedules.
Don’t be idle about these things. It will take effort to get chores done. Reward yourself for a job well done. Routine will give your life momentum.
2. I would highly suggest hiring a financial advisor. You need someone to take care of your finances for the long term. Unless you have an accounting background or something like it, you probably won’t be great with your money, either of you. You need someone who can be accountable to your decision-making and for the long term.
Sagittarius can be a risk-taker, and there is a place for that in the world, but you need an expert guide. (Out of the zodiac, Sagittarius is the most likely one to gamble away their life savings.)
3. Always carry a list of things that make you happy. When you go on a trip, take an exciting book or object with you. Travel to places that have an interesting nightlife. Travel does well for this couple. One of you needs to plan out the luggage situation. Some places are easier than others for spontaneous fun.
Know what you like and don’t like about travel. This couple for the long term needs regular vacations. You need to meet new people and come across new experiences.
4. Try new things in the relationship. Look for new restaurants, new recipes, new activities, and new things here and there.
5. Because of the thirst for the “new” you’ll need to regularly go through your belongings and cull out items.
Sagittarius tends to be a hoarder. Sagittarius, Capricorn, and Aquarius all have hoarding tendencies to a certain degree. Too much clutter will annoy you.
6. Think before you speak. You won’t always succeed at this, but it can save you from saying something stupid or insulting. Practice patience.
7. Know your favorite things. Go to places that inspire you: concerts, libraries, parks, museums, college campuses, beaches, fancy restaurants, big cities, parties, large gatherings, symphonies, ballets, etc.
8. Shop together. Sagittarius likes to be independent, but they don’t like to be lonely. The two of you together will make for interesting shopping choices.
9. Seek peace. Don’t try to set up conflict for the sake of conflict. The two of you could get in a mess of a fight with your fire nature and competitive spirits. Don’t try to show off and show who is smarter. It will end in a terrible feedback loop.
10. Sometimes you just need to go outside and start a fire in the old pit. You’re a fall sign when times are cold. This makes you a very weird fire sign. You’re like the last fire and party before people have to get serious.
11. Holidays are part of your spirit. As corny as some holiday stuff is, double down on that silliness.
12. You two are skills-builders. Try learning new things together: languages, cooking, fishing, crafts, music, gardening, and so on.
13. If you don’t know how to do something, don’t try to force yourself to figure it out. You can call a professional to help you. Sagittarius is sometimes stubborn about admitting they don’t know how to do something. Don’t pretend your way through plumbing issues, car problems, financial complications, and other stress.
14. Don’t assume you know everything about the other person just because they are similar to you. You’re not carbon copies of each other. You have your own unique lives.
15. Semi-plan dates. You don’t need to nail down every detail. Just put on your calendar that you’re going to go out and then figure it all out along the way.
16. Find what makes you happy. Sagittarius is on a mission to find fun things to do. Half the battle is knowing what makes you happy.
17. Don’t be too critical. Watch the sarcasm. Again, think before you speak. Use your good charms instead of your sardonic nature.
18. Red is your team color. Use it wildly. Paint walls red! Wear red! Send each other red roses.
19. Let your creative side out. Don’t try to keep all your opinions to yourself. Express yourself. Sagittarius’ types have an abundance of creativity. It does you no good to hide that.
20. Do what you can to be more emotional and vulnerable with each other. This can take more work as the Sagittarius sign isn’t very emotional.
Sagittarius at a Quick Glance
November 23 to December 21
Sarcastic, Wise, Funny, Smart, Spontaneous, Free-Spirited, Dynamic, Energetic, Friendly, Aloof
Represented by the Body
Red, Orange, Yellow (think fall colors)
Manager or Leader
Boredom, Lack of Change, Rigidness, Dullness, Slowness, Too Much Quiet Time
Social Atmosphere, Randomness, Liveliness, Travel, Newness, Holidays, Coffee and Fancy Beverages, Books and Knowledge, TV with Action or Humor, Smarts, A Little Bit of Luck, Musicality, Athletism, Variety
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Andrea Lawrence