Pisces and Leo Relationship Compatibility: A Love Match Made in Heaven?
Pisces and Leo Compatability
Leo and Pisces—what a spectacular combination. Pisces and Leo are both signs that desire relationships. They may initially confuse each other due to their different temperaments, but since they both really strongly desire love and affection, they have the potential to be blissfully happy with each other.
At the same time, however, the combination of fixed fire (Leo) and mutable water (Pisces) can pose a host of challenges. Leos can come on too strong and be a bit needy with their constant thirst for approval. These fire traits can leave Pisces drained and exhausted. On the other hand, Pisces can drown out Leo's enthusiasm and spontaneity.
A Leo is more yang and a Pisces is more yin. Think of Leo as the sun in the sky and Pisces as a moon to cater to its energy. Leo may enjoy being with Pisces, as opposed to dating someone in the same element, because a relationship with two fire signs can feel like you are both trying to pull the wagon, but in different directions or for different reasons.
Let's dig a little deeper into the joys and challenges that this pairing faces.
Are Leo and Pisces Sexually Compatible?
It can be hard for Pisces and Leo to develop a satisfying sexual relationship. While they can both be wonderful lovers, the fundamental differences between their signs mean that they often struggle to develop that shared intimacy.
Leos are straightforward and impatient, which can often make Pisces feel rushed and insecure. Naturally, this doesn't bode well for a physical relationship . . . Because these signs approach sex differently, the best way for this pair to foster a healthy sex life is to take it slow. Building the emotional trust that Pisces dearly need before getting frisky can help the relationship survive and thrive.
If, on the other hand, a Leo tries to get physical too soon, it can make them seem selfish and uncaring—a complete turn-off for Pisces—even if this couldn't be further from the truth. In turn, this can make Leo see Pisces as overly sensitive and out of touch with their own desires.
The key is for this pair to take the time to understand each other (which is necessary in any relationship, not just one between these signs!). Leos—don't burst your Pisces idealistic bubble. If you give it time, this may be one of the things you come to love about them! Pisces—don't rush to conclusions about your Leo. They may not express their feelings in the same way you do, but it doesn't mean they aren't every bit as generous and caring.
Can Leo and Pisces Learn to Trust Each Other?
Pisces is ruled by Neptune, the planet of the subconscious. While this ruling planet can be positive in many ways, it can also make it hard for Pisces to trust others. At the same time, Leos' tendency toward possessiveness and jealousy can make them mistrustful as well.
This combination can be very tricky to navigate and may lead to a series of mutual tests early on in a Pisces-Leo relationship. For example, Pisces may withhold emotions and praise in order to test their Leo, and Leo may feign a wandering eye to get a rise out of their Pisces. This can make for a fraught first year together and create a high risk that things will fall apart.
If, however, this pair can pass the tests they set for each other and reach a deeper understanding of one another, they will have built a solid and unshakeable bond.
Can Leo and Pisces Learn to Communicate?
These signs have very different communication styles. Pisces tend to be passive and non-confrontational, but their empathic nature allows them to see Leo's hidden feelings and vulnerabilities. A Pisces can look into the eyes of a Leo and see well beyond the ego and right to the heart. This is something Leo needs, because while they do like their egos stroked, they also need to understand that there is more to life than ego.
And yet, when a Pisces does speak their truth, it can be very hard for Leo to hear. At the same time, Leos' direct nature can hurt Pisces, who tend to be very sensitive.
But don't worry; this doesn't have to be the death knell for a Leo-Pisces relationship. All it means is that figuring out and respecting one another's communication styles is key. If Leo can think before they speak, making an effort to be slightly less blunt, it can make all the difference to Pisces. If Pisces can be gentle when exposing Leos' vulnerabilities, they can prevent wounding the lion's fragile ego.
What Is the Leo-Pisces Power Dynamic?
Leos are comfortable taking charge in all aspects of their lives, including their relationships. When paired with Pisces, a go-with-the-flow sign, this can create an unhealthy power dynamic. Leo's need to be the center of attention combined with Pisces' need to be out of the spotlight can result in an unbalanced relationship. The self-seeking Pisces risks slowly lose their sense of self and becoming lost in Leo's shadow.
Pisces likes to feel like they are being rescued, and Leo will gladly do that. But Pisces can also act like a knight in shining armor, providing the chivalrous gests that Leos love. If this type of give-and-take relationship can be established (rather than one with a subject-ruler dynamic), a Pisces-Leo couple has a much better chance of surviving and thriving.
How to Make a Leo-Pisces Relationship Work
These two can help foster the warmth that they've always craved in a relationship, but it will take some effort. A Leo-Pisces couple will have to put the work in when it comes to understanding each others' differences and learning how to navigate them, especially at the beginning of the relationship. Here are five ways to help make a relationship between these signs thrive.
1. Set and Maintain Boundaries
Leos need help setting up boundaries and actually maintaining them. Leos have a habit of charging ahead because they are so excited about life, but it can get to the point where they can't hear others. Slow down, Leo! Your Pisces needs your ears and your respect.
Pisces need help setting boundaries as well. As a water sign, Pisces don't naturally like boundaries; they want to flow and express as much as possible. They like to feel and find the telepathic connection. But this unbridled emotion can be overwhelming for Leos, so it's important for Pisces to understand that Leos might not be as comfortable expressing emotion, at least not until they fully trust their partner.
2. Give What You Get
Pisces likes to provide affection and Leo loves to have that affection lavished on them. But Leos need to remember to give as much as they get from Pisces and not just be content to receive their partner's affection.
Leos can be good at returning love, but it's important for them not to get carried away and act like they're the only one in the relationship. Leo does well to train itself with humility rather than allow themselves to feel entitled to the affection and care they receive.
Leo needs to be gentle with Pisces, and Leo has this capability; remember, Pisces can get overwhelmed by too much conflict or too much anger. A peaceful Leo will help tend to the relationship better than an aggressive Leo.
3. Respect Your Partner's Differences
For example, Leo wants to live a big life, a joyful life, a life of adventure, so Pisces will need to show they can live up to these standards. But by the same coin, Leo needs to understand that forcing a Pisces out of their comfort zone will only create resentment in the relationship. To survive and thrive, the couple must learn to appreciate the ways they differ.
4. Foster Open Communication
Leo and Pisces need to communicate openly about their expectations of love. This may help them find out where they need to go and whether they can do so together. They are both coming from different places, but learning about each other should be helpful (not to mention fascinating).
5. Find a Way to Balance Yin and Yang
Remember that this is a very yin-and-yang relationship. Leo is more yang and Pisces is more yin. Leo will be drawn to Pisces because Pisces is highly creative and considerate of others. Leo is more practical than Pisces, who is full of imagination, dreams, and spirit. Leo, on the other hand, is more aware of the social world; this is why they project and peacock and take charge so much.
As a fixed sign, Leos will naturally be more stubborn, whereas Pisces is considered the most mutable sign. Pisces take their time forming an opinion, but they may change that opinion quite quickly. For example, they may secretly pine over you for a long time, but if you fail to make them feel fulfilled, they're apt to change their minds in favor of what they find most ideal.
Both of these signs, however, place a high premium on romance and actively seek it in a relationship. Once they come to terms with each other, Leo will eagerly provide the wonderful romance Pisces requires, and Pisces won't fail to do the same in return.
Shared Leo-Pisces Traits
For all their differences, these signs have a few key traits in common. Here are just a few of the important traits that Leos and Pisces share, and which can contribute to a beautiful relationship between them. Among other things, Leos and Pisces
- share a mutual optimism and a desire to see the best in others.
- place a high value on subjective experiences.
- want to love and be loved.
- are enthusiastic and curious.
- are deeply romantic.
I think the core beliefs these two have in wanting, desiring, and fostering love will keep them together. Again, they both love affection, sharing their hearts, and being in relationships.
What Are the Characteristics of a Leo?
- Bold and Bright. Leo is the sunshine, the heat of summer. They are bright and bold, and they love to have their ego stroked. You often can tell someone is a Leo before they even start talking. They are noticeable leaders and enjoy being movers and shakers in the spotlight.
- Big-Hearted: Leo wants to bring about the warmth of the world; they want to win your affections, and they are loving and protective. They love making you laugh, think, and feel. I love the warmth of Leos and how much they care about the people who are in their pack. Leo wants it all—a true give-and-take relationship where love is lavished on both partners.
- Attention-Seeking: Leo does not like it when its affection is taken away from them. If they are not being loved enough, they get pouty or confused. They are quite easy to read when in love because they wear their heart openly, and it's plain to see that it upsets Leo if their partners give too little in the relationship.
- Confident: Leo will peacock. They like to chase and have someone's affection. Remember sweet, gentle Pisces—you must be tender with your Leo's ego. They hold their ego dearly, and it can hurt them quite sharply if you criticize them too bluntly or often. Leo will appreciate if you think before you speak.
- Extroverted: Leo is a social magnet and feels comfortable in a crowd.
- Loyal: Leo will honor you with loyalty and will do anything and everything to make sure you are okay.
What Are the Characteristics of a Pisces?
- Extremely Giving: Pisces love to give and give and give. Pisces would sacrifice itself for its Leo—or for any cause it finds worthy. They want to make sure people feel loved, but they need to remember that they deserve attention too. Ultimately, they want to grow with someone, but becuase they can be easy to take advantage of, Pisces need a partner who is full of grace and mercy.
- Compassionate and Kind: Pisces are always ready to help those around them, especially those they care deeply about. Their sensitivity and selflessness is truly remarkable.
- Loving: Pisces are excellent at understanding unconditional love, and their mission is to express that unconditional love. It's not an easy route, and many Pisces can have a hard time with their mission and where they are headed.
- Passive: Pisces need to step up and make sure that they speak openly about their feelings. It can be easy for Pisces to get sucked into toxic relationships and let themselves be walked all over. Pisces need to make a pact with themselves to avoid unhealthy relationships and stand up for themselves.
- Intuitive: Pisces use their intuition to guide many aspects of their lives, including their relationships. They are soulful signs and can see beyond the ego.
- Idealistic and Dreamy: Pisces are known for their boundless imaginations. They lead rich inner lives and are often torn between fantasy and reality. In fact, the sign is symbolized by two fish swimming in opposites directions—a visual representation of Pisces' struggle between fantasy and reality.
- Easily Overwhelmed: This sign is incredibly in touch with their own emotions, as well as the emotions of others. This can easily lead to emotional overload, which can be hard on Pisces and those around them.
Even the Best Relationships Take Work
It can be easy to idealize one another, or put your S.O. on a pedestal in order to avoid tackling the hard stuff, but it's important to understand that all relationships take work. So make sure you take care of things that don't naturally come to the forefronts of your minds. Love and expressing love are not the only parts of a relationship you need to maintain. Make sure to be accountable.
There are a whopping 72 love combinations in the zodiac, and each has its pros and cons. As I have mentioned in other articles, you have seen every love match in the natural world succeed . . . and you have also seen every single love match fail. Saying which combinations are compatible and which ones are not is frankly not enough—it doesn't show the whole picture.
Each pairing is unique, putting two individuals with different views of love together on a collaborative mission. You will always be you and have your own mission to help bring love, enlightenment, and grace to the planet. In a relationship, you have another mission to help bring love into the world.
I like to say that some combinations have an easier "recipe" than others, but that doesn't mean the quality is any greater or worse in the end. In other words, red velvet cake is a complicated recipe, but the final product is well worth it.
Do You Think Leo and Pisces Are a Perfect Match?
Questions & Answers
A Leo man and a Pisces woman, is this a good pair?
All 78 combinations of romantic pairs can work out. In this world, all 78 have found marriage; and all 78 have found divorce. It's more about knowing how the blueprint works for each pair. A Leo and Pisces are a favorable match. Pisces is kind, gentle, and loving. A Pisces will stroke Leo's ego. This will likely be a traditional masculine Leo and a traditional feminine Pisces. Leo is motivated by his will, and Pisces is motivated by her emotions. The two will enjoy their partner's demeanor. Leo needs someone who is gentle, and Pisces does well with someone like Leo, who can roar when need be.Helpful 158
© 2017 Andrea Lawrence