I've been an online writer for over eight years. I love writing about relationships, love, romance, and flirting.
Soothing a Broken Heart
This article is a collection of thoughts that represent the despair, sadness, and agony of a broken heart. Feel free to take inspiration from the below messages and write your own.
It can help to write some creative verses that represent how you are feeling right now. You can use them as text messages, tweets, and even as sad Facebook status updates.
Quotes and Messages for a Broken Heart
- If love were a man, I would hang him to death because of how much heartache he's given me. If passion were a woman, I'd tell her how much I enjoyed her when I was in a relationship with you. Love and passion, oh what a cruel combination.
- There's nothing worse than a lost friend and a scathing heartbreak, and with you gone now, I have experienced both.
- There's no more bitter pill than a broken heart and no sweeter thought than to think that it is a passing nightmare.
- I changed myself for you, and you changed yourself for someone else. How ironic.
- I can't believe you broke my heart as if you were smashing a piece of glass. Glass can be rebuilt, but what about my heart?
- Every night I console myself by saying that our break-up is just a bad nightmare and a figment of my imagination. But I wake up to realize that it is the bitter truth. And there's nothing that I can do to make the pain go away.
- You were my reason to live, laugh, and love. Now you've gone away and I don't know what to do. Is life really worth living without you?
- When the twain shall meet again, we may be able to create the spark of our romance once more.
- I've heard that the easiest way of dealing with heartbreak is moving on. But after you broke my heart, I have reached the end of the world. Where else can I move on?
- If I could get one chance to change anything in my life, I would have changed our relationship so that we would have never come to the point that we have right now. If only I had that second chance.
Read More From Pairedlife
- A broken heart is the worst punishment of love. You've taught me the cost of being in love with someone like you who knows no mercy or forgiveness.
- I will always cherish the time I spent with you and the dreams I saw with you. What I won't cherish is the way we parted ways, dunking out all memories in the sewer called heartbreak.
- Just like there's a crackling sound when a beautiful vase breaks, my body experienced a thunderous shake when my heart shattered into a million pieces.
- I become sad when I think about how you broke up with me—not because you broke my heart but because our beautiful relationship couldn't go the distance.
- I always thought we were invincible, but I was wrong. Everything that goes up has to come down and so did our relationship. I am happy that I had a chance to share a little bit of my life with a beautiful person like you. But I am sad you threw me away like a rag doll.
- I wish there were an antibiotic for curing heartbreak. Because, as far as I know, it's the most painful disease in the whole world.
- Who will I call names now? Who will I fight with? Who will I make up with? Who will I make love to? Along with your own exit from my life, you have taken everything away with you. I feel like an empty soul in a world of hate.
- Until yesterday, you filled my heart with love and happiness. Today there is nothing but hate and vengeance. I don't want you back, I just want to know the reason why you broke my heart.
- I broke off my relationship with the rest of the world, thinking it would strengthen ours. Today, I have neither. Little did I know that my sacrifices would come back and haunt me.
- I wish there were a magical switch in my life that I could press to erase all the memories I have with you.
- They say that time heals all wounds. But I don't think that I will be able to ever forget the heartbreak and the heartache that you have caused me. I challenge Time to shower its miracle on me.
- My heart tells me that you're still in love with me and always will be. No matter how far you go, a little part of me will always be stuck to you. I still love you, but I hate you for breaking my heart.
- The more I think about you the more I feel that I deserved you for a lifetime. It's unfortunate that you didn’t appreciate my presence in your life. I hope that someday you will, but it will be too late.
- Without you in my life, a minute seems like an hour and days seem like weeks. How do you think I am going to spend the rest of my life without you?
- God gave you plenty of beauty, intelligence, generosity, and love but forgot to give you one thing—Mercy. If you had even an ounce of mercy in your heart, you would not have treated me the way you have today.
- When I think about the promises we made about staying with each other for the rest of our lives, I laugh out loud. Were we so immature, not to have seen this heartache coming? Were we so naïve not to know that love lasts forever only in fairytales? At least I was.
- After our break-up, the only reason I've been constantly smiling is because I know that the minute the smile from my face fades away, it's going to be scars, tears, and fright for me all the way.
- There is a whole world of pain, hurt, heartache, and torture hidden behind my little smile that no one knows of but you.
- A person can rise above any pain in life, but the agony caused by love is the most difficult to surpass. I only hope that no one does to you what you have done to me today.