The Self-Worth Alphabet for the Godly Woman
How to Use the Self-Worth Alphabet
Pick a letter—any letter—and focus on the attribute listed beside it. For example:
- F--Fragrant. [Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance (2 Corinthians 2:15).]
Copy the Scripture verse and source into your notebook if you do not have the time to memorize it. Put it in your purse (or in some appropriate spot in the house on your stay-at-home day). Read it repeatedly whenever you have a spare moment.
At bedtime, close your eyes and make the effort to inscribe the letter, the attribute and the quote on your brain. Drift off to sleep with a smile on your face, as you think about that beautiful description of who you are. Even if you think that you do not yet possess that attribute, assure yourself that you can and will, eventually.
Think About That Beautiful Self-Description
What an easy, simple method for you, the godly woman, to strengthen your self-worth arsenal one day at a time! Storing these words and quotes in your memory will guarantee that they resurface in your thoughts and speech right when you need them:
- when meanness threatens your sense of worth;
- when ingratitude tempts you to doubt the value of your effort;
- when other human vices frustrate you and sap your spirit;
- when someone else asks to lean on your strength;
- when your joy needs rekindling.
The Self-Worth Alphabet A - J
Alphabet and Attribute
A ------ Attractive
Women … make themselves attractive by the good things they do (1 Timothy 2:10).
B ------ Beautiful
Clothe yourselves … with the beauty that comes from within (1 Peter 3: 2-4).
C ------ Chosen
You didn’t choose me. I chose you (John 15:16).
D ------ Delightful
The LORD your God will delight in you if you obey his voice … (Deuteronomy 30:10).
E ------ Efficient
She makes sure her dealings are profitable (Proverbs 31:18).
F ------ Fragrant
Our lives are a Christ-like fragrance (2 Corinthians 2:15).
G ------ Generous
Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous … (Psalm 112:4).
H ------ Honest
The godly are directed by honesty (Proverbs 11:5).
I ------ Included
I will pour out my Spirit even on my servants—men and women alike—(Acts 2:18).
J ------ Joyful
God gives … joy to those who please him (Ecclesiastes 2:26).
How the Use Self-Worth Alphabet in A Group
Feel free to improvise and add other appropriate activities to the three suggestions below. The aim is to help your group focus and remember these positive characteristics.
- At a weekend female gathering—for retreat or training, assign a letter or two to each woman (depending on the size of the group) so that the entire alphabet is used up. In your closing ceremony, have them participate in a recitation of affirmations: “I (or we) are __________ (assigned attribute) as promised to us in the Scriptures (citing verse and text location). The inspiring, empowering closeout will be long remembered.
- Play a Bible game at home with friends or relatives, or at a church group event. After a short period of time for individuals to read through the alphabet, test their memories by having the group leader call on individuals to respond with the correct attribute to each letter.
- Among a circle of friends, inspire each other with stories of how one or more of these attributes helped your spirits soar, in the midst of circumstances which threaten to pull you down.
The Self-Worth Alphabet K - T
Alphabet and Attribute
K ------ Kind
And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly (Romans 12:8).
L ------ Loved
The LORD said…“I have loved you …with an everlasting love” (Jeremiah 31:3).
M ------ Modest
I want women to be modest in their appearance (1Timothy 2:9).
N ------ Nurturing
The older women … must train the younger women. (Titus 2: 3, 4).
O ------ Optimistic
Dare to hope… The faithful love of the LORD never ends! (Lamentations 3: 21, 22).
P ------ Precious
The One who formed you says, “You are precious to me” (Isaiah 43:4).
Q ------ Quotable
The words of the godly encourage many (Proverbs 10:21).
R ------ Responsible
My vineyard is mine to give (Song of Solomon 8:12).
S ------ Strong
Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. (Ephesians 3:17).
T ------ Trustworthy
Those who are trustworthy can keep a confidence (Proverbs 11:13).
Why Include the Scripture Verses?
Doug Bachelor's Amazing Facts website lists the top five reasons to memorize Scripture, all of which promote self-worth in the godly woman.
- They help you overcome temptation.
- They increase awareness of God's will in your life.
- They help you thrive during difficult times.
- They make you a better witness.
- They strengthen your connection with God.
Since you do not always have access to a Bible, the Bible verses in your memory provide a permanent mental tool to empower your right attitude, and your right action or reaction. You'll stay happy with your yourself!
Happy With Yourself, Thank God!
The Self-Worth Alphabet U - Z
Alphabet and Attribute
U ------ Useful
Keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use (2 Timothy 2:21).
V ------ Valuable
God bought you with a high price (1 Corinthians 6:20).
W ------ Wise
God gives wisdom … to those who please him (Ecclesiastes 2:26).
X ------ Xenial
Don’t forget to show hospitality to strangers (Hebrews 13:2).
Y ------ Youthful
My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! (Psalm 103:5)
Z ------ Zestful
There is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can (Ecclesiastes 3:12).
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
Questions & Answers
© 2017 Dora Weithers