MsDora, Certified Christian Counselor writes on moral integrity especially for women and encourages appreciation for the men in their lives.
Programs which teach sexual abstinence as the sum total of purity will fail. Without an understanding of self-worth, the power of pure thoughts and self-control, the pleasure-seeking youngsters will yield to their sexual urges.
It is imperative to instill purity principles in their minds continually, incidentally and intentionally. Quotes like the following are useful. They representing the basic aspects of life. All Scripture quotes are from the New Living Translation.
- Self-worth comes from one thing - thinking that you are worthy. --Wayne Dyer
- My strength is as the strength of ten, Because my heart is pure. –Alfred Lord Tennyson
- If you don't control what you think, you can't control what you do. –Napoleon Hill
- I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.—Mahatma Gandhi
- There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience. –French Proverb
- Young people on a lark might keep in mind that all birds, except cuckoos, build their nests before hatching their eggs. –Anonymous
- Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. –Philippians 4:8
- Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. –Romans 12:2
- Know what you want to do, hold the thought firmly, and do every day what should be done. –Elbert Hubbard
- We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. –Swami Vivekananda
- Beauty is displayed in character, not in clothes. –Purity Circle Workbook (PCW)
- True beauty lies in purity of the heart.—Mahatma Gandhi
- If you want a guy to appreciate you for your mind, don’t overwhelm him with your cleavage and navel. Your point will be lost. –Lisa Bevere
- A pure woman chooses to dress and act in such a way that she may be an object of respect rather than an object of lust or disgust. –The Complete Woman Seminars
- Candid minded men like to see women dress in such a way that they look feminine. –Ibid.
- If you wear clothes that respect your privacy, you will attract friends who respect you for respecting yourself. –PCW
- The outward appearance is an index to the heart. –Ellen White
- Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within. –1 Peter 3:3, 4
- You maintain your full worth when you remain fully wrapped; when the wrapper loosens, shoppers expect to receive discounts. –PCW
- Where do you find gold? Way down in the mine, covered over with layers and layers of rock. Your body is sacred. You’re far more precious than diamonds and pearls, and you should be covered too. –Muhammad Ali
- How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word.–Psalm 119: 9
- Either sin will keep you from the Word, or the Word will keep you from sin. –John Bunyan
- Filthy talk makes us feel comfortable with filthy action. But the one who knows how to control the tongue is prepared to resist the attacks of lust. –St. Clement of Alexandria
- When you decide to lead a clean life, chastity will not be a burden on you; it will be a crown of triumph. -St. Josemaria Escriva
- It is a deadly error to fall into the notion that when feelings are extremely strong we can do nothing but act on them. -Elisabeth Elliott.
- Who may climb the mountain of the Lord? . . . Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, who do not worship idols and never tell lies. –Psalm 24: 3, 4
- If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters. –Alan Simpson
- Bad things happen to good people . . . If you ever suffer any form of abuse, do not let shame or guilt control your life. Tell someone. –PCW
- The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out. –Thomas Babington Macaulay
- Do not give in to sinful desires. . . Use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God. –Romans 6: 12, 13
- Guard the senses . . . for these are the avenues to the soul. Avoid reading and seeing things which will suggest impure thoughts. –Ellen White
- TV. If kids are entertained by two letters, imagine the fun they'll have with twenty-six. Open your . . . imagination. Open a book. –Author Unknown
- It's in our biology to trust what we see with our eyes. This makes living in a carefully edited, overproduced and photoshopped world very dangerous. –Brené Brown
- Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. --P.J. O'Rourke
- What is interesting is the power and the impact of social media... So we must try to use social media in a good way. --Malala Yousafzai
- Social media has become a pulpit or platform for people to bring each other down. . . Lets all try to be part of a solution than being part of the problem. –De philosopher DJ Kyos
- Spending an evening on the World Wide Web is much like sitting down to a dinner of Cheetos... two hours later your fingers are yellow and you're no longer hungry, but you haven't been nourished. –Clifford Stoll
- We are flooded with images of perfection and material things. Those influences can take over your mind . . . You cannot be happy if you constantly compete with others for public approval. –Tisha Marie Payton
- Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. –Criss Jami
- Run from anything that stimulates youthful lust. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. –2 Timothy 2: 22a
- We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves. ―Malcolm X
- Don’t compromise yourself. You’re all you’ve got. –Janis Joplin
- When you know who you are, and where you are heading, you will be able to choose friends traveling in the same direction. –PCW
- Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good.—Romans 12:9, 10
- Sex is from God. He gave it to us as a gift. It's a wedding gift.—Bill Shannon
- By celebrating purity and refusing to pursue sexuality, I was demonstrating that I could be trusted in the present, and that sexuality outside of marriage would never be an option for me in the future. –Kirk Schafer
- If really you love me you must give up the wine, For the lips that touch liquor shall never touch mine. --George W. Young
- Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. --Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- See yourself as a beautiful piece of God’s holy creation. In that frame of mind, practice zero tolerance for any and every form of abuse. –PCW
- Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts. –2 Timothy 2:22b
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2011 Dora Weithers
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on September 07, 2017:
Besarien, you're doing a great job with your son. I agree that the scientific information is just as useful to help them steer their actions right. Thanks for sharing.
Besarien from South Florida on September 06, 2017:
Romans 12:2 is one of my absolute favorites. I am a great believer in informing kids with science too. My son, who just went off to college, can quote the latest research on incurable STDs while half asleep.
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on September 24, 2014:
Jackie, this one was real early. Thanks for reading and sharing your observations. We have to use all the avenues that we find available to reach them.
Jackie Lynnley from the beautiful south on September 24, 2014:
One of your earlier writings I missed. Very good, thank you. It must be so hard to day to reach young people about morals. Too bad we have let ourselves get so far from the teachings of the bible.
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on August 16, 2014:
Hopeful, may God bless you in your effort to promote purity. Glad you found something helpful here. Will continue to lend my efforts to this worthy cause.
Hopeful on August 15, 2014:
Just wanted to say thank you for such a lovely and encouraging website. I think purity is the answer for today's young people. We as a nation and as believers need to get back to what is right. I was searching for ways to encourage teenagers in the way of purity and I found your amazing site. I will be recommending it to many teenagers! :)
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on April 25, 2014:
Dream On, I appreciate you. Thanks again for sharing your wisdom.
DREAM ON on April 24, 2014:
I always was told to listen to my elders and you might not understand what they say now but some day you will find out more often than not they were right. I learned the hard way in the beginning and got burned. It didn't take me to do something again and again to realize they speak from experience I could not have. It was smart to listen and swallow my pride than take it on my hide later.(through pain, aggravation, frustration and a long road back to make things right. Thank you again for interesting hubs I love to read.
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on April 24, 2014:
Dream On, back in the day we took our parents' words seriously. Thank you for your very valuable input.
DREAM ON on April 24, 2014:
Today with so many more choices when I was their age extra help and reminders are always a good thing.My parents were more direct and said if you think you are ready to work every day for the rest of your life trying to support you and your new wife and baby for a little fun then good luck to you. Be smart enjoy being young and doing all the things you can't when you get old. Love and sex take time and their will be plenty of time later in life for that. I didn't need no convincing . That was enough hard cold talk that made me think. I rather be a kid and enjoy all things that kids do. What great words of wisdom that keep the young adults from doing something they really aren't prepared for. Thank you so much and have a good day.
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on February 16, 2014:
Janelle, glad you like them. Thank you for your comment.
Ruth Aquila on February 15, 2014:
These are some excellent quotes you compiled on purity. Thanks for sharing.
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on October 21, 2013:
Nice meeting you, Jan. Thank you for your kind comment.
Jan Brianne on October 21, 2013:
Awesome quotes MsDora... :)
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on August 06, 2013:
Thank you, PS. It is a good thing to have the young people (older ones too) focus on positive, empowering thoughts.
Patricia Scott from North Central Florida on August 06, 2013:
Today's teens are bombarded on all sides and from all directions with reasons not to embrace goodness and wise choices.
Reflecting on such words as these that you have chosen will serve them well.
Thank you for sharing them.
Angels are on the way to you this evening. ps :)
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on April 05, 2013:
What a sweet comment, tireless. You made my day! God bless.
Judy Specht from California on April 04, 2013:
I am so glad I revisited. I am going to share this hub, link it and get it out for all to see. It is truly an evergreen hub.
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on March 28, 2013:
DDE, glad you like the quotes. This article is still one on my most popular after 15 months.
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on March 28, 2013:
A most meaningful Quotes on Purity To Grab the Attention of Teenager's, voted up!
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on July 03, 2012:
Thanks, Mercy. I recently posted, "Sexuality Quotes From Men For Men." Hope you will find it and enjoy.
Mercy okolie on July 02, 2012:
Fantastic quotes. We need more pls.
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on May 24, 2012:
Thanks, tirelesstraveler. Abundant blessings to you in every situation!
Judy Specht from California on May 24, 2012:
Bless you. If only kids understood that purity is precious and the world lies about it. Absolutely and I mean absolutely love this hub!
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on January 15, 2012:
Eve, thanks you for the suggestion. There is really enough to say about speech to warrant the topic its own spot. Will consider it.
Eve on January 14, 2012:
What about speech, or is that automatic after thoughts? Other good subtopics by the way.
Dora Weithers (author) from The Caribbean on December 18, 2011:
Lady_E, I glanced at your site and I love it. Permission granted to link this hub or any other your choose. Also with your permission, I would like to refer readers on my blog (http://www.puritycircle.com/) to your site. Thanks for the networking.
Elena from London, UK on December 18, 2011:
Lovely - I enjoy inspiring Teens and I hope you don't mind if I put this on my Website for Teens to read.
(If not acceptable I will remove link). See below:
It's at the bottom of the page.